Demise of DSA-QAG and DSA suppliers misquoting.

Watch
Doriss
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
With the demise of DSA-QAG. Where can students who have received poor service from DSA suppliers go to air their views?

SFE (or SLC) are like a chocolate oven, they have one mantra: take it up with whoever, but don't bother us.

This relates to misleading quotes on DSA needs assessments, when suppliers quote one thing, and then supply something different. SFE framework documents often quote the public purse, yet when you point out they are paying for something the student did not receive, they are not interested.

There appears to be a circle of blame: SFE tell you to take it up with the supplier, the supplier tell you to take it up with the assessor, the assessor tell you to take it up with SFE - back to the start.

Clues on a postcard.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doriss)
With the demise of DSA-QAG. Where can students who have received poor service from DSA suppliers go to air their views?

SFE (or SLC) are like a chocolate oven, they have one mantra: take it up with whoever, but don't bother us.

This relates to misleading quotes on DSA needs assessments, when suppliers quote one thing, and then supply something different. SFE framework documents often quote the public purse, yet when you point out they are paying for something the student did not receive, they are not interested.

There appears to be a circle of blame: SFE tell you to take it up with the supplier, the supplier tell you to take it up with the assessor, the assessor tell you to take it up with SFE - back to the start.

Clues on a postcard.
Think you've hit the nail on the head with the circle of blame, and sorry you've faced this.

What exactly is the problem you've had? This may help to explain who is responsible.

If it gets so bad you could contact your local MP to look into this? Or definitely threaten this in your contacting each of these arms of the system looking for a solution!
Doriss
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Think you've hit the nail on the head with the circle of blame, and sorry you've faced this.

What exactly is the problem you've had? This may help to explain who is responsible.

If it gets so bad you could contact your local MP to look into this? Or definitely threaten this in your contacting each of these arms of the system looking for a solution!
The experience I had that led to this post has now been resolved. However, it has highlighted several other issues. The DSA Team do not understand their own framework and are giving out inaccurate advice to students. This could be ignorance, or their method of passing the buck.

Tax payers money that funds DSAs is being wasted and abused by 'some' DSA suppliers when manipulating quotes to gain orders. This practice is unfair on those DSA suppliers who are playing by the rules. The overarching issue is the lack of a regularity body that overseas fair play for the disabled student. Here is the irony: DSA helps a disabled student, but when things go wrong the disabled student has no voice.

Regardless of my issue being resolved, I intend to bring this issue up with my MP in order to help others navigate this minefield of bureaucracy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.43%
England (143)
34.71%
Belgium (32)
7.77%
Germany (41)
9.95%
Spain (10)
2.43%