Ellierogxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I recieved an unconditional offer at ysj for English language and linguistics but I only got a D in english language at a level. Is it pointless me carrying on with this course in hope to become an english teacher? My other option would be to do a policing degree to work in the force. Any suggestions?
remussjhj01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What were your other grades? In what subjects?
Theoretically, you should be fine. PGCEs don't require certain a-level grades (at least, not to the best of my knowledge), but they may want to know why you didn't do better. It might be worth considering retaking, but it's up to you. You could also chat to someone on the get into teaching website. If you sign up, you can speak to advisers about what your options are.
Davy611
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You'll get better as you progress through your degree and you'll be even better after a PGCE. Just don't mention it when the kids ask what you got at A level. Or lie

Seriously though, it is a bit of a shame. If you can resit at some point then I think you should.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellierogxo)
I recieved an unconditional offer at ysj for English language and linguistics but I only got a D in english language at a level. Is it pointless me carrying on with this course in hope to become an english teacher? My other option would be to do a policing degree to work in the force. Any suggestions?
Your degree is more important ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?