Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, I haven't seen a QMUL postgrad thread for 2020. Anyone heard anything yet? Any questions? Let's get this thread going!!!
nor1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hey! I applied early January to the Msc in Global Public Health and policy but have not heard back! have you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nor1993)
hey! I applied early January to the Msc in Global Public Health and policy but have not heard back! have you?
I have not. I applied in mid-November for the LLM. I have a feeling I've been wait listed or a rejection is coming my way.
stressed12345
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Any news? This seems to be the only QMUL postgrad thread, is no one else applying?!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I realized that there is no other thread and I'm also wondering why
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I realized that there is no other thread and I'm also wondering why
Thanks for setting it up anyway. I hope more people start joining in, so we can get an idea of what's happening...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by stressed12345)
Thanks for setting it up anyway. I hope more people start joining in, so we can get an idea of what's happening...
When did you apply?
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When did you apply?
I applied in January - realistically I'm not expecting to hear back from them until end of Feb/early March, but it doesn't stop me checking the portal and hoping
Anonymous #1
In a week, it will be 3 months for me. I wrote an e-mail and they said my application is still under consideration
LethalBeans
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I legit just submitted my application today. References added a few weeks to the timeline unfortunately.
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, that's crazy, that's more than the 8 weeks they say it'll take. Keeping fingers crossed for you that you'll hear back soon
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LethalBeans)
I legit just submitted my application today. References added a few weeks to the timeline unfortunately.
Good luck!!!
kjdjd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I guess I'll be the first one to post good news in this thread! I applied for the MA in Creative Industries and Arts Organizations on December 7, my reference letter was submitted around January 9, and I received an unconditional offer on January 15!
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kjdjd)
I guess I'll be the first one to post good news in this thread! I applied for the MA in Creative Industries and Arts Organizations on December 7, my reference letter was submitted around January 9, and I received an unconditional offer on January 15!
That is fantastic news, congratulations! That was a quick outcome indeed. I guess it all depends on the department. Hoping to hear some more good news in the next few weeks!
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kjdjd)
Out of interest, did you get an email from them directly or did the portal update? Thanks!
LethalBeans
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good luck!!!
Thank you, are you applying anywhere else?
kjdjd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That is fantastic news, congratulations! That was a quick outcome indeed. I guess it all depends on the department. Hoping to hear some more good news in the next few weeks!
Thank you! I'm thinking that course isn't too popular since I haven't seen much chat about it online haha. And good luck to you! What program did you apply for?
Out of interest, did you get an email from them directly or did the portal update? Thanks!
I think that both happened at the same time. I found out by email because I'm in the US so I'm 5 hours behind. Usually in the morning I'll check my email before I check the application portals and I woke up to the email! They sent it around 8:30am their time so I was definitely not awake to see if my portal updated first. I know other schools that I applied to have been way slow on the emails though haha. I hope this helps!
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LethalBeans)
Thank you, are you applying anywhere else?
Yes, King's and Oxford. I saw you just responded to my q on the KCL thread, have you applied there as well?
stressed12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kjdjd)
Thank you! I'm thinking that course isn't too popular since I haven't seen much chat about it online haha. And good luck to you! What program did you apply for?

I think that both happened at the same time. I found out by email because I'm in the US so I'm 5 hours behind. Usually in the morning I'll check my email before I check the application portals and I woke up to the email! They sent it around 8:30am their time so I was definitely not awake to see if my portal updated first. I know other schools that I applied to have been way slow on the emails though haha. I hope this helps!
Yes, very helpful. I think I'm going to stop checking the portal 10times a day, I'm just so paranoid I'm going to miss a message from them and through some technical glitch the email won't come through :eek: I've applied for the PhD programme in Medicine
LethalBeans
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, King's and Oxford. I saw you just responded to my q on the KCL thread, have you applied there as well?
Ok cool... and yep, I'm going for KCL, QMUL & Surrey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
  • Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Jun '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.56%
No (109)
32.44%

Watched Threads