The Student Room Group

How to have more success with online dating?

I’ve tried using tinder, pof and match but I barely meet any girls who actually reply - it’s so discouraging. Any advice? I’m 26
Depends on what kind of arrangement you're looking for. Hookups? Fwbs? A girlfriend?
Just talk to people Irl bro
I hate to be pessimistic but unattractive people just get less matches on average :frown: if your goal is to be more attractive and thus gain more matches you could lose weight, dress well, get a flattering haircut etc
Good luck
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve tried using tinder, pof and match but I barely meet any girls who actually reply - it’s so discouraging. Any advice? I’m 26

I'm a 22yo girl and feel the exact same way haha. Although I get a lot of matches, the ones that message just want sex, and the ones I message don't often reply (& when they do, they just want sex haha). Honestly it's a crappy system, and although we probably have all heard stories about how people met their OH's on tinder etc., it's a minority unfortunately
My cousin married her match from online dating, and both were paying/subscribed members. You may get more luck as a paid member as people interpret that as being more committed to the search (as opposed to 'lad' types who sign up for free as a joke or message women en masse to try their luck for a few ONS).
Original post by Anonymous
I barely meet any girls who actually reply

Welcome to online dating.

Online dating will probably turn out to be the worst thing to happen to gender relations, ever. Most men swipe right on most women but get very few matches (hence the "women will only date 6'5 fit white chads"), while most women only swipe right on the top guys who are mostly players (hence the "all men are trash").

The only dating/hookup app that works as intended is Grindr lol. Gay men have it figured out.
Dating is pointless anyway, too much hassle and stress, stick to one offs and hookups, you'll be happier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending