Portsmouth - Jassi Halls / Guildhall Walk Reviews

Watch
Lucykate99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone stayed in (or knows anyone that has) Jassi Halls / Guildhall walk? I am staying there next year and was wondering what it’s like as there isn’t much information online.
Last edited by Lucykate99; 1 year ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Lucykate99

I haven't lived in Jassi Halls but I have asked a friend who has!

The information I have found is:
- There are 7 people on each floor and kitchen
- You get your own bathroom
- The internet is not included - can buy a package for your laptop around £115 for the year
- close to uni
- 2 fridge freezers for 7 people, you get a shelf and freezer drawer each
- washing - there is 1 machine and 1 dryer which costs £4 something altogether
- costs £450-£550 a month depending on room size
- all bills are included

Hope this helps!
Eloise - official student ambassador
Duda Lalic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucykate99)
Has anyone stayed in (or knows anyone that has) Jassi Halls / Guildhall walk? I am staying there next year and was wondering what it’s like as there isn’t much information online.
Keep away at any cost! They do not care about students at all. You pay for wifi,heating is very poor (one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening),no access to hoover (so be ready to buy one),lift often out of order (even on the day of moving in and they did not care), in the bathroom there is often pipe clogs for which they do not show interest so a student has to fix it)... In this time of the lockdown Jassi hall (as usual) does not show support for students who left the rooms and they want the rent for the third term although according to the contract (break clause and clause relating to the floods,fire, and any other risk)the rent is not payable. Actually Jassi hall is run by the Landlord s agent - the Leaders,disasterous service for students. Sorry to say all this for one student hall but this is the first hand experience. From September I have booked another one.
Carter 123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everything that was said here is 100% true. And forgot about the fact we didn’t have the cooker working during the Christmas holidays and I had to get take away everyday for 2 weeks or go to a friends to make food. Even after calling the week before Christmas holiday, they only came to fix it after the holiday. No hoover, Clog showers, I was told I could connect to uni WiFi but no connection range. Lift at the main door wasn’t operating 8/9 months I was here. Heating is just generally poor and before attending to your complain takes a couple days and multiple calls. It does have its perks of being close to uni buildings, city centre and clubs(if you go out like that). But apart from location, I can’t see anything else
simrandosanjh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi I was wondering what your experience with jassi halls has been like if you have moved in? I was looking at this place for next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
14.96%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (72)
30.77%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (29)
12.39%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.55%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise