Feeling overwhelmed and regretting my degree

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I'm 25 years I've graduated 3 years ago and currently I'm underemployed. The last copy of months have been difficult as my fixed term contract role ended and I've struggle to obtained a job in my field that I've been working in for the last 2 years. I've been quite fortunate enough that immediately after graduating I got public sector job for a year (due to cuts in public funding my job got cut)and then an Analyst role which was fixed term. But I'm working in retail now and I have to pay my own bills and parents don't really have it like that to give me a loan, the bills are really on my me and believe me when I say that I haven't eating anything all day because I'm trying to pay my rent. I just regret my degree because I try so much and feel like it's was almost a mistake, even with a bit of experience I still haven't gotten a job. When I was at university I was in loads of societies, I did internships and etc. But unfortunate the roles that I landed were in small companies that didn't necessary had a budget for addition staff. I'm just feeling really down about everything.
auto-92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
That's really sad to hear! What course did you graduate from?
Anonymous #1
economics and geography
Anonymous #1
I'm struggling really badly
auto-92
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm struggling really badly
Whereabouts are you from? With that degree, I'm sure you're sought after and can find a job/apprenticeship, even if it's in something new. What was your previous job?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by auto-92)
Whereabouts are you from? With that degree, I'm sure you're sought after and can find a job/apprenticeship, even if it's in something new. What was your previous job?
I live in London. Thing I've tried I have a bit of experience but it's really hitting today to make matters worst I found out that my personal tutor doesn't even work at my university anymore so I can't ask him for a reference. I have bit of project/analyst experience, I did an interview on Tuesday and even the hiring manager stated that regardless of the outcome I have a great profile. It's just frustrating that I'm trying and financially struggling as I have no one to help support me in any way.
auto-92
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I live in London. Thing I've tried I have a bit of experience but it's really hitting today to make matters worst I found out that my personal tutor doesn't even work at my university anymore so I can't ask him for a reference. I have bit of project/analyst experience, I did an interview on Tuesday and even the hiring manager stated that regardless of the outcome I have a great profile. It's just frustrating that I'm trying and financially struggling as I have no one to help support me in any way.
Oh I see, unfortunately there's not much I can say to help. All I can say is to keep working on interviews and looking for jobs I guess and good luck. I can imagine rent is pretty steep in London and hard to keep up with?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.71%

Watched Threads