Charl_Noot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I need to get 50/60 in the Summer Exam to ensure I get an A since I flopped my coursework 🤡🤡 what's a good structure for the essays and extract questions ??
SortedForMyGCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey there,
I have done my November Mock examinations for English Literature Paper 1-I achieved 55/64 (Grade 9) in Paper 1
In Paper 2 Literature I achieved 82/96 (Grade 8/9)
What I used to help me achieve these grades was a technique called PETAL (Point/Evidence/Terminology/Analysis/Link)
I would start of my answer by writing an introduction which had the context and my main point in it which i clearly signposted.
Then, I would write 3 strong PETAL Points (BTW Terminology means to use words such as Suggest, Implies, Highlights etc. and the 'Link' part means to write about context, effect on reader or link up to the original question )
To finish I would write a 3-4 sentence long conclusion to sum up my answers.
I do this for Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde, Tempest and i regularly achieve 26/30 at least for Jekyll and Hyde and at least 27/34 in my Tempest and Inspector Calls answers.
I also write character profiles for each and every character in the play and quotation banks around them.
I also write a '1 pager' for themes, context etc.
I have started my revision for my GCSE's properly since September 2019 hence, i dont have much-- if anything to do right now!
Hope this helps!!!
Charl_Noot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by SortedForMyGCSE)
Hey there,
I have done my November Mock examinations for English Literature Paper 1-I achieved 55/64 (Grade 9) in Paper 1
What I used to help me achieve these grades was a technique called PETAL (Point/Evidence/Terminology/Analysis/Link)
I would start of my answer by writing an introduction which had the context and my main point in it which i clearly signposted.
Then, I would write 3 strong PETAL Points (BTW Terminology means to use words such as Suggest, Implies, Highlights etc. and the 'Link' part means to write about context, effect on reader or link up to the original question )
I do this for Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde, Tempest and i regularly achieve 26/30 at least for Jekyll and Hyde and at least 27/34 in my Tempest and Inspector Calls answers.
I also write character profiles for each and every character in the play and quotation banks around them.
I have started my revision for my GCSE's properly since September 2019 hence, i dont have much-- if anything to do right now!
Hope this helps!!!
Thank you!! I had a similar strategy to PETAL last January and it got me 15/20 so I'll start trying that to see if it boosts my marks!!
ririlord245
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SortedForMyGCSE)
Hey there,
Hope this helps!!!
what was the an inspector calls question? and what was the poem and conflict poem which came up? thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads