English GCSE Aqa Jane eyre

Watch this thread
aaa24
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,
Anyone have any methods or tips to revise Jane eyre or any book? - e.g. learning quotes, themes, analysis, etc.
Thanks you x
username4912958
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aaa24)
Hi all,
Anyone have any methods or tips to revise Jane eyre or any book? - e.g. learning quotes, themes, analysis, etc.
Thanks you x
I’m doing A Christmas Carol but this might help

•Context: I made mind maps

For quotes
Flashcards:
- wrote the quote on one side, highlighted key words
- on the other side I wrote the theme it showed and any language devices
- underneath that i wrote an analysis of the quote, and any of the language devices/ key words
- add any context if needed
A sheet of quotes:
- on the BEST key quotes of my flash cards, i typed them up on a word document and spaced it out so i had one quote per line, and a good amount of space between each quote
- i had about 1 sheet of quotes PER CHAPTER
- print it out
- pick out key words, language devices, themes and highlight it using a KEY
- annotate the quotes/lang devices/specific words: EXPLODE THE QUOTE (look this up)
- I would say to do this nearer to exam/ mocks so u can really TEST YOURSELF on typing up the BEST quotes that you remember (add any after if you’ve forgotten) & annotating the quotes WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR NOTES

Hope this helps
aaa24
Rep:
Thank you this really helps, good luck with your GCSEs!!
username4912958
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Good look with yours!
Have you done your mocks yet?
aaa24
Rep:
I’m actually in year 10 😂 at the moment we’ve just finished Jane eyre so I thought it would be useful to start learning quotes etc...
how did urs go (if you’ve done them)?????
username4912958
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Just finished this week so i haven't got any results but the test was pretty good.
Its good that your starting early- i recommend to do your revision lightly in year 10 (don’t do too much and overwork yourself too early) and in year 11 start to develop it because some people tend to start really late (by late i mean the week/night of the exam) and just end up stressing out.
I hope ur yr 10 mocks do well anyways in the end of the yr!
m.aurelius
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I arranged everything based on the major themes and put in plot points and quotes under each one as if to make an essay plan kinda? I’m in y13 now so I don’t remember much anymore lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
20.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.64%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.24%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (19)
21.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.84%

Watched Threads