Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
im finding it hard to open up to my mum and its upsetting her and resulting in us fighting i also feel like im the stupid one in our class:\ and its getting quite bad
my exzma flares up as a result of this and knocks my confidence quite alot
what should i do ? x
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
1) Do your best to stop worrying about your standing in the class. I'm a bit thick, and i'm still getting 1sts at Uni because I stopped worrying about what everyone else was doing and just focused on me.
2) Sit down with your mum at some point when you're both free and just be honest with her about the stress. Be prepared for her to be annoyed (especially if you've been taking it out on her) but she can't help if she doesn't know whats wrong.
3) Look into mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
Wishing you the best
JayAllen17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
here's the issue. your mum's not the best moral support at uni, most parents haven't been so it's hard for them to give advice or judge based of their experience. I had an incident last year and several issues at uni which I haven't disclosed to my mother. it would only hurt her. you just need someone to let your heart out to, if you're comfortable, feel free to PM me and I'll help as best I can. I've had my fair share of emotional pain. I'm pretty good with advice. I wish you well and hope you find light in what may feel like darkness.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by princetonalec)
1) Do your best to stop worrying about your standing in the class. I'm a bit thick, and i'm still getting 1sts at Uni because I stopped worrying about what everyone else was doing and just focused on me.
2) Sit down with your mum at some point when you're both free and just be honest with her about the stress. Be prepared for her to be annoyed (especially if you've been taking it out on her) but she can't help if she doesn't know whats wrong.
3) Look into mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
Wishing you the best
thankyou so much x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JayAllen17)
here's the issue. your mum's not the best moral support at uni, most parents haven't been so it's hard for them to give advice or judge based of their experience. I had an incident last year and several issues at uni which I haven't disclosed to my mother. it would only hurt her. you just need someone to let your heart out to, if you're comfortable, feel free to PM me and I'll help as best I can. I've had my fair share of emotional pain. I'm pretty good with advice. I wish you well and hope you find light in what may feel like darkness.
thankyou alot x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads