The Student Room Group

Dental nurse interview and assessment at dental hospital

I have recently applied for a position at dental hospital in Birmingham. I confirmed my interview on the 1st of feb however on the email it tells me I will have an assessment?? Any idea what the assessment may be??
Reply 1
A Dental nursing assessment would usually consist of a task such as mixing filling material or impression material to test your manual dexterity skills. There are no ways you can prepare for this, just listen carefully to their instruction and try your best! It might be worth doing a bit of research into some aspects of dental nursing and getting your head around some terms they may ask you about as well such as "what is dental caries?" (tooth decay from sugar).
Other than the dental nursing side of things, you should prepare for the interview by thinking of your answers to certain interview questions and prompts such as "why do you want to be a Dental nurse?" or "what are your strengths and weaknesses?"
When I got my job in a hospital for dental nursing what they sent me an email with occupational health forms, immunizations checks and what not, it might be that? Then I just went for an interview.
Hi! I have the same case as above and I would like to know more details about the assessment,please!Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest