The Student Room Group

Police Now Detectives Programme 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m0rgan_kane123
Yeah I wonder what the next stages are because I’m sure last year the process was different to the way it is this year, I’m sure I read they did numeracy tests ect before the assessment we’ve done

Yeah I saw that, they did quite a few things before this stage. As I'm sure online it says after the online asessment you'll do a strength based interview, roleplay, virtual reality and written paper but with the current world situation I can't imagine this will be done at an assessment centre? Especially for participants who are shielding!
Original post by Tom.Blanchard
Yeah I saw that, they did quite a few things before this stage. As I'm sure online it says after the online asessment you'll do a strength based interview, roleplay, virtual reality and written paper but with the current world situation I can't imagine this will be done at an assessment centre? Especially for participants who are shielding!

Yeah I imagine since they’ve pushed the initial start date back that it gives them more time to think of a solution maybe
Yeah I imagine since they’ve pushed the initial start date back that it gives them more time to think of a solution maybe

Yeah maybe. Well best of luck! I'll post back on here and let others know how my online asessment goes tomorrow😃
I've just completed my online assessment! Felt a bit odd talking to my camera, how did people find out it would be May when we find out?
Original post by Vicky742
I've just completed my online assessment! Felt a bit odd talking to my camera, how did people find out it would be May when we find out?

Is it like an online interview but just questions and no person?😂 I think last time they had initial assessments THEN an online interview and so on
Original post by Vicky742

When you submit your assessment and they send a confirmation email, it mentions in there that because it is in the first few days of the assessment being open, results won’t be revealed until May to give all applicants a fair opportunity
Does anyone know how many questions there are for the video interview? Roughly how long does it take?
I completed my online assessment 2 days ago and had a response saying that I’ve passed the online components and that the recruitment team will get into contact with me once the next stage of the recruitment process has been organised (which I assume is the online replacement for the assessment centre that they emailed me about saying that they are looking into online alternatives for this).
However, I didn’t have any video questions, just multiple choice ones - did anyone else not have any video questions?
Original post by maxdg95
I completed my online assessment 2 days ago and had a response saying that I’ve passed the online components and that the recruitment team will get into contact with me once the next stage of the recruitment process has been organised (which I assume is the online replacement for the assessment centre that they emailed me about saying that they are looking into online alternatives for this).
However, I didn’t have any video questions, just multiple choice ones - did anyone else not have any video questions?

Wow! So you’ve basically been accepted onto the next phase instantly? Mine was a combination of multiple choice, written sections and video responses.
Original post by maxdg95

From what I’ve seen I didn’t think the video assessment was until after the initial online assessments
Original post by ChloeJayne97
From what I’ve seen I didn’t think the video assessment was until after the initial online assessments

Wait I’m confused, I thought everyone had the same online assessment (written, video responses), you’d think everyone would follow the same process
Original post by maxdg95

Did your online assessment include video questions?
Did you have to complete a personality test?
I've just finished mine. Again was made up of multiple choice, video responses and a personality test. Just received the email saying that they will be in touch but likely to be in May and feedback will be given.
Wait I’m confused, I thought everyone had the same online assessment (written, video responses), you’d think everyone would follow the same process

I thought the same. I got prepared for video questions and written responses as they sent me information about making sure I had a working camera for the online assessment etc but then once I completed my online assessment which was only multiple choice questions, they emailed me the day I completed it to say that I had completed and passed the online components of the assessment and that they'll be in touch once they've organised an alternative to the Assessment Centre.
I've seen elsewhere that some people didn't have any multiple choice, only written and video and some had more video questions than others - maybe it's different for different forces.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by maxdg95
I thought the same. I got prepared for video questions and written responses as they sent me information about making sure I had a working camera for the online assessment etc but then once I completed my online assessment which was only multiple choice questions, they emailed me the day I completed it to say that I had completed and passed the online components of the assessment and that they'll be in touch once they've organised an alternative to the Assessment Centre.
I've seen elsewhere that some people didn't have any multiple choice, only written and video and some had more video questions than others - maybe it's different for different forces.

Which force have you applied for?
Original post by SunshineU5er
Which force have you applied for?

West Midlands Police
Original post by maxdg95
West Midlands Police

That's so bizarre - I just did my assessment and it had a mixture of written, video and multiple choice responses and I've also put West Midlands Police as my preferred force! Wonder why they're doing it differently for different people!
For anyone who has done the online assessment did you all find it took some time to complete. I know the email said it can approximately take around 60 mins but I found it took far longer? Maybe it was just because I analysed every answer I was giving?
Original post by Tom.Blanchard
For anyone who has done the online assessment did you all find it took some time to complete. I know the email said it can approximately take around 60 mins but I found it took far longer? Maybe it was just because I analysed every answer I was giving?

Mine took about 2.5 hours and I have no idea how because it wasn’t that long!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending