Army application. Watch

Chloerussell558
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I had 3 paracetamol overdoes 3 years ago this year but I had a slip in mental health and had another one July 2019 the army is my absolute dream it kills to know I might never be able to .. if I wait another 3 years from now does anyone think I’ll ever be able to join?? I’m only 19 so I do have time but does anyone think I’ll ever be able to join if I stay clear from mental health ?

Any successful stories
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
If you really want something in life then you will achieve it. If you are able to kick your mental health issues which I’ve got faith that you can do then ****ing go for it man. You never know until you try. If you put your mind to it then you can do it 100%. Believe to achieve brother.
Chloerussell558
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you so much !

I definitely will I’ve tried twice to get in about a year ago and I’m definitely going to kick my mental health in the ass .. I’ve got time I can do this !!! ❤️
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chloerussell558)
So I had 3 paracetamol overdoes 3 years ago this year but I had a slip in mental health and had another one July 2019 the army is my absolute dream it kills to know I might never be able to .. if I wait another 3 years from now does anyone think I’ll ever be able to join?? I’m only 19 so I do have time but does anyone think I’ll ever be able to join if I stay clear from mental health ?

Any successful stories
There's an Armed Forces forum, but if you post on there, read the security sticky and be careful of revealing personal details, like your name as a username.

The only way to find out if you meet the medical standards is to make an application and be assessed by a medical professional against the entry requirements. However, be aware that episodes of intentional self-harm, as your case would be classed, can preclude entry as it is difficult to know whether there will be a relapse. It's not necessarily a case of being x number of years without treatment, the number of overdoses, the periodicity and the stressor will be considered. Being signed off as clear by your doctors in future doesn't mean that you will be fit to join the Armed Forces.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much !

I definitely will I’ve tried twice to get in about a year ago and I’m definitely going to kick my mental health in the ass .. I’ve got time I can do this !!! ❤️
Anytime brother, I hope it all goes well for you, let us know how you get along
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much !

Posts must have overlapped and I missed this. So what stages did you get to previously and what was advised about future applications?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.76%
No (233)
33.24%

Watched Threads