Advice for dropping out of University for Apprentinceship Watch

morningsun0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, really need some advice and insight. I am currently a repeat second year in university. I have an exam coming up and my past assessments have not been good. I have a feeling I will fail this repeat module again and thus removed from my course, so I am hoping to switch to apprenticeships instead. Is this a viable option? Is there anything else I can do? I'm pretty sure I will be allowed to repeat the module again as it will be the 3rd time in total for me to re-do the whole thing. I did do well in my first year with a predicted first but starting second year I just became lazy as well as other personal circumstances (not blaming me failing on this though). So, is there any way I can focus into getting an apprenticeship instead? Are there any requirements (if any) for me to be able to do it.
P.S. my current course is Business Information Systems (Computer Science and Business mixed together). Can I use the things I learned from first year and second year in my CVs? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!
Venzz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by morningsun0)
Hi guys, really need some advice and insight. I am currently a repeat second year in university. I have an exam coming up and my past assessments have not been good. I have a feeling I will fail this repeat module again and thus removed from my course, so I am hoping to switch to apprenticeships instead. Is this a viable option? Is there anything else I can do? I'm pretty sure I will be allowed to repeat the module again as it will be the 3rd time in total for me to re-do the whole thing. I did do well in my first year with a predicted first but starting second year I just became lazy as well as other personal circumstances (not blaming me failing on this though). So, is there any way I can focus into getting an apprenticeship instead? Are there any requirements (if any) for me to be able to do it.
P.S. my current course is Business Information Systems (Computer Science and Business mixed together). Can I use the things I learned from first year and second year in my CVs? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!
PM me and I will help you with advice and CV in terms with an apprenticeship.
Last edited by Venzz; 1 month ago
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by morningsun0)
Hi there,

Hoping I can offer some help here.

You could certainly look at higher and degree apprenticeships if you feel university is not working out for you.

To do a level 4, 5 or 6 degree you generally need A-levels or a relevant level 3 qualification as a minimum. It's a lot like applying for a job so you will need to submit an application and most likely go for an interview.

You can get started with your apprenticeship search here - https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

If there are any specific companies you would like to work for you can also go direct to their websites to check out their apprenticeship schemes.

I hope this helps you get started with your apprenticeship search. If you would like a personalised review of your CV please do give us a call for free on 0800 100 900.

Thanks - Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.67%
No (234)
33.33%

Watched Threads