Early morning revision Watch

lost.soul
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone do early morning revision? I have three cgp books to learn for science and three cgp books to learn for history as well as other subjects and I feel bogged down, in the evening I slump after having worked hard at school and doing homework.

I’m willing to try anything now to get a load of information into my brain for the next three months.

Does it work for any of you?

999QR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lost.soul)
Does anyone do early morning revision? I have three cgp books to learn for science and three cgp books to learn for history as well as other subjects and I feel bogged down, in the evening I slump after having worked hard at school and doing homework.

I’m willing to try anything now to get a load of information into my brain for the next three months.

Does it work for any of you?
Early Morning is the best time to revise and to study, its when your brains if fully active.
my experience was very great, its going to be hard at first but soon youll get used to it.

Good Luck
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi young man,

I recommend all my students to study 5 am to 6.30 am OR 5.30 am to 7 am, depending on personal circumstances (no. of family members who need the bathroom in turn, time your mum puts breaky on table, what time you need to leave for school, etc.). I recommend this because it worked wonders for me myself a few years ago (top student in whole of Kenya at GCSE - sorry about the bragging - just happens to be a fact); everyone else is dozing away, so it's peaceful and quiet - you are fresh and alert [not tired and half dropping off] after a whole night's rest (go to bed at 9 pm if necessary - you can do your clubbing in the summer hols ).

It does not work for everyone, but defo worth trying - you will be amazed at the increase in efficiency - your concentration will be so much better that you will achieve in an hour what you might achieve in 2 hours or more at night.

One other point: when you wake up [ideally half hour b4 you start studying [to allow absorption], eat one banana or a bar of chocolate - these are fast sources of glucose, which is the main substrate [the food type that is used for respiration] of the brain.

Best of luck!
M.
lost.soul
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999QR)
Early Morning is the best time to revise and to study, its when your brains if fully active.
my experience was very great, its going to be hard at first but soon youll get used to it.

Good Luck
Thanks that’s great, I’ve been training myself for the past two days. What time do you start studying?
lost.soul
Rep:
?
(Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon)
Hi young man,

I recommend all my students to study 5 am to 6.30 am OR 5.30 am to 7 am, depending on personal circumstances (no. of family members who need the bathroom in turn, time your mum puts breaky on table, what time you need to leave for school, etc.). I recommend this because it worked wonders for me myself a few years ago (top student in whole of Kenya at GCSE - sorry about the bragging - just happens to be a fact); everyone else is dozing away, so it's peaceful and quiet - you are fresh and alert [not tired and half dropping off] after a whole night's rest (go to bed at 9 pm if necessary - you can do your clubbing in the summer hols ).

It does not work for everyone, but defo worth trying - you will be amazed at the increase in efficiency - your concentration will be so much better that you will achieve in an hour what you might achieve in 2 hours or more at night.

One other point: when you wake up [ideally half hour b4 you start studying [to allow absorption], eat one banana or a bar of chocolate - these are fast sources of glucose, which is the main substrate [the food type that is used for respiration] of the brain.

Best of luck!
M
Thanks for those great tips, good to know it did you good. I’ll definitely try this, I was thinking 5:30am until 7:30 am then just briefly testing myself on what I learned before an early night. I’ll try out your tips
999QR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks that’s great, I’ve been training myself for the past two days. What time do you start studying?
about 5:30 AM
lost.soul
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999QR)
about 5:30 AM
I am planning on starting at that time - thank you!
999QR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am planning on starting at that time - thank you!
Your Welcome
lost.soul
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999QR)
Your Welcome
Didn’t do it today ;(

I’ll start it properly tomorrow, btw do you allow yourself to sleep in a bit at weekend or would that mess up the whole body clock?
999QR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn’t do it today ;(

I’ll start it properly tomorrow, btw do you allow yourself to sleep in a bit at weekend or would that mess up the whole body clock?
No i wake up daily, giving yourself a break on weekends can make you feel lazy to get up the next day.
Hope it helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.83%
No (264)
33.17%

Watched Threads