Rob30
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi
I'd like to start my course in Sep 2020. I am an EU national living in the UK for over a year to this day and I didn't move to England to study. I've got pre-settled status.
My sister and brother-in-law, both EU nationals, have settled status. Could I be eligible for funding through either of them?
Both my university and course qualify for funding.
Thank you
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello,

If you’ve been resident in the EU for the last 3 years then you’ll be eligible for tuition fees only; we won’t need family member details from you to qualify for this.

You won’t meet the eligibility criteria for a home student you need to have been resident in the UK for 5 years before the start of the 1st academic year of your course. If you’re planning to work through your course you may be eligible for maintenance support as a migrant worker; you’d need to apply as a home student but you’ll need to send us evidence of your employment.

Thanks, Erin N.
Rob30
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hello,

If you’ve been resident in the EU for the last 3 years then you’ll be eligible for tuition fees only; we won’t need family member details from you to qualify for this.

You won’t meet the eligibility criteria for a home student you need to have been resident in the UK for 5 years before the start of the 1st academic year of your course. If you’re planning to work through your course you may be eligible for maintenance support as a migrant worker; you’d need to apply as a home student but you’ll need to send us evidence of your employment.

Thanks, Erin N.
Thank you, Erin.

To clarify, the only way for me is to apply after I have lived in the UK for at least 3 years?
I am working and intend to work throughout my course; I can't see clearly where maintenance for migrant worker fits (I'm most interested in tuition fees)
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Rob30)
Thank you, Erin.

To clarify, the only way for me is to apply after I have lived in the UK for at least 3 years?
I am working and intend to work throughout my course; I can't see clearly where maintenance for migrant worker fits (I'm most interested in tuition fees)
Hi Rob,
No, to apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only funding, you need 3 years residency in the EU/EEA, so if you were living in the EU/EEA prior to moving to the UK and can meet this criteria then you will meet the residency criteria.

To apply to Student Finance England (to receive a Maintenance Loan paid directly to you) then you must have 5 years residency in the UK prior to the 1st day of the 1st academic year of your course or you need to meet the Migrant Worker http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f criteria.
Thanks, Isaac.
Rob30
Rep:
?
I've got it now, thank you very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (907)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (401)
18.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads