Valentine’s Day ideas? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My first valentines coming up with the girl of my dreams.

Never done anything for it so could someone please help me of things I could do to make her day?

Thanks
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Be as nice and as kind to her as you can, within reason for the 363 days of this year that aren't Valentines Day, her birthday or Christmas.

Do that and you'll have made her year and those 3 days will look after themselves.

Try to avoid getting into the mentality that you will treat her extra special on Valentines day because it's Valentines Day. Get into the mentality of treating her extra special whenever you feel it's appropriate to do so. EG the 2 of you are away on a week-end trip somewhere.

If you want, give her a kind and thoughtful gift before the end of January. If, on Valentines Day she asks you why you've given her nothing, remind her of the present you gave her this month.
IE don't wait for Valentines. Do it now. Or ASAP.

Acts of loving kindness have the most impact when they are least expected.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Be as nice and as kind to her as you can, within reason for the 363 days of this year that aren't Valentines Day, her birthday or Christmas.

Do that and you'll have made her year and those 3 days will look after themselves.

Try to avoid getting into the mentality that you will treat her extra special on Valentines day because it's Valentines Day. Get into the mentality of treating her extra special whenever you feel it's appropriate to do so. EG the 2 of you are away on a week-end trip somewhere.

If you want, give her a kind and thoughtful gift before the end of January. If, on Valentines Day she asks you why you've given her nothing, remind her of the present you gave her this month.
IE don't wait for Valentines. Do it now. Or ASAP.

Acts of loving kindness have the most impact when they are least expected.
I said this to her yesterday that Valentines is just a day.. and that I vow to treat her the same with kindness and love for long as I live

I also said valentines is there so we may aswell use it as an excuse

I was planning on a day trip to Paris but don’t know yet
Anonymous #1
Anyone else?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
i dont think saying "valentines is just another day" sounds very good lol, as a girl i personally shy away from guys who want to treat anniversaries etc as "just another day". like yes, be nice to her everyday, but also go a little more on important dates. trust me, i dont know a single girl who doesnt like this.

do you two live together? if not maybe post her some roses to her house in the morning. if you do, bring her some roses to start the day and maybe cook her breakfast and bring it to her in bed.
honestly, a nice romantic dinner for me does it for valentines, and flowers, and chocolate - so the classic stuff, and im sure most girls love that too. but obviously creativity is also nice. maybe you two could make a cake together, go to the movies, go on a hot air balloon (if there are any near you lol?), go to a funfair by day then dinner by night, you could get high together if youre into that sort of thing, or even go on a picnic date if the weather is nice and paint in nature. honestly it all depends on what your girl likes. if she likes quieter places then i guess staying at home isnt that bad of a shout either, ordering in, get her a plushie or a teddy or a necklace or something youd know she likes, a makeup set she's been swooning over for ages?
also please dont think it has to be expensive because you guys could literally just stay in, and if you get her roses and chocolate and be extra romantic with her im sure she'll be over the moon

let me know what u think
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
i dont think saying "valentines is just another day" sounds very good lol, as a girl i personally shy away from guys who want to treat anniversaries etc as "just another day". like yes, be nice to her everyday, but also go a little more on important dates. trust me, i dont know a single girl who doesnt like this.

do you two live together? if not maybe post her some roses to her house in the morning. if you do, bring her some roses to start the day and maybe cook her breakfast and bring it to her in bed.
honestly, a nice romantic dinner for me does it for valentines, and flowers, and chocolate - so the classic stuff, and im sure most girls love that too. but obviously creativity is also nice. maybe you two could make a cake together, go to the movies, go on a hot air balloon (if there are any near you lol?), go to a funfair by day then dinner by night, you could get high together if youre into that sort of thing, or even go on a picnic date if the weather is nice and paint in nature. honestly it all depends on what your girl likes. if she likes quieter places then i guess staying at home isnt that bad of a shout either, ordering in, get her a plushie or a teddy or a necklace or something youd know she likes, a makeup set she's been swooning over for ages?
also please dont think it has to be expensive because you guys could literally just stay in, and if you get her roses and chocolate and be extra romantic with her im sure she'll be over the moon

let me know what u think
Sorry haha what I meant was we men shouldn’t use Valentine’s Day to treat our women extra special, I just personally believe we or I should treat her like a princess always

we don’t live together and our families know we’re seeing each other but at the same time we don’t want to make it too bait, don’t want them thinking we’re having sex or something lol

i spoke to her about taking her Paris for the day via train but she said it would be way too bait so I said I’d plan something else

maybe dinner in London, teddy bear, chocolate, flowers, balloons, just a bit simple maybe?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry haha what I meant was we men shouldn’t use Valentine’s Day to treat our women extra special, I just personally believe we or I should treat her like a princess always

we don’t live together and our families know we’re seeing each other but at the same time we don’t want to make it too bait, don’t want them thinking we’re having sex or something lol

i spoke to her about taking her Paris for the day via train but she said it would be way too bait so I said I’d plan something else

maybe dinner in London, teddy bear, chocolate, flowers, balloons, just a bit simple maybe?
sending her flowers to her home and letting her family know youre romantic with their daughter isnt gonna make it look like anything other than that. youre supposed to show them youre serious and care lol. also you can pamper each other without necessarily having sex. but again it's upto you this is just my opinion
yeah that sounds like a shout. i personally think balloons are too birthday-ish and if she has a problem with things being "too bait" she's probs gonna not wanna walk around london with balloons in her hand lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads