The Student Room Group

Girlfriend going travelling before me

Hi guys, I've been seing my girlfriend for 5 months now we've really jumped in head first and have really fallen for eachother , We spend a lot of time together and have already even spoken about our future together(which is crazy for me I've never felt this way about anyone and I think she's the same!)
Originally her and her best friend we're planning on travelling Austalia for 2 years but she decicded to wait for me instead, which I was so happy about!
Now she has changed her mind again and is heading out without me 4 months before I can go. I've always supported her choise to go with or without me but since she deciced to go without me again I'm just not so sure anymore.
I trust and love her completely but I do have anxiety about her meeting someone else while she's out there espically considering the freind she's going with, who is known to be unloyal to both my gf and previous bfs in the past. I have no dought her friend will be getting off and bringing lads back quite a lot which is usually the case.
I hate feeling like this and don't know why I am I really do trust her but it's continuoulsy in the back of my mind.
I need some advice, have I jumped in to this too quickly am I right to be feeling this way about it and should I just end it now or wait and go in the extra 4 months??? I also understand the tough spot my gf is in choosing between us both and I do admire her loyalty. I'm just a mixed bag of emotions at the moment lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thank you.
From her point of view, if you say you are going to do something, do your best to go ahead and make it happen as you said it would. Even if a better opportunity comes along in the meantime. That's the way to earn self respect and respect from others.

From your point of view, if you love someone set them free. If they love you they will come back. If they don't love you enough they won't. Either way you were right to set them free.
You should trust your girlfriend unless she gives you a reason not to

There's nothing stopping you having a conversaton with her about your worries and getting everything out in the open before she goes away, much better than spending 4 months wondering about what may or may not happen
You didn't say why she changed her mind again, perhaps she has a good reason to leave - maybe she has nothing to do right now and would be just wasting time waiting around on you. If instead she doesn't have a good reason to leave earlier, I would indeed get a little worried - although worrying is useless.
If she was going to cheat on you, she'll eventually cheat on you anyway. It has very little to do with the travelling and very much to do with whether you are prepared to trust her. If you aren't, the relationship has no real future.
Reply 5
Setting her free is a lot easier said then done I must say I really don't want to lose her, but I do see your point tho thank you!
And I do trust her it's not even so much of her just going out some night and cheating on me that has me anxious it's more so of her meeting someone and slowly falling for them, like we'll be apart for not much longer than we've been together. She had told me reciently that before we got together that she thought she'd end up going and meeting and marrying someone over there because of all the past terrible relationships she's had here. That kinda worries me now.
And I suppose she hasn't fully yet changed her mind she's gone from telling me thats she's going to wait for me to being back 50/50 really but leaning more towards going earlier, her thought is that she doesn't want to go over and regret leaving me behind either!
I don't envy the spot she's in, I know it's tough for her aswell
Reply 6
You're contradicting yourself.

'I've always supported her choise to go with or without me but since she deciced to go without me again I'm just not so sure anymore'.

So you support her choice to go without you, but now she's actually doing it, you're having second thoughts?

She will message you and you'll still have your chats, just use WhatsApp.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending