idixcey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, so I’ve been wondering how to use gaming on the eduroam WiFi. I found a website on the university website and I registered my device to a ‘hidden network’ however I’ve not received the security key to use it. Has anyone tried this before or is there any other ways to game?
Gambo211
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know if you're gaming with a console then you can't use eduroam due to the security settings. I'm in halls right now and I use the halls wifi in which you have to register your MAC address to gain access to the network. It is pretty tricky to set up since you have to go deep into the uni's IT support to find the website that tells you how to do it.
idixcey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gambo211)
I know if you're gaming with a console then you can't use eduroam due to the security settings. I'm in halls right now and I use the halls wifi in which you have to register your MAC address to gain access to the network. It is pretty tricky to set up since you have to go deep into the uni's IT support to find the website that tells you how to do it.
I used that website and registered my MAC address a couple of days ago but I still can’t use any gaming? I assume I should be given a security key to use the network but I haven’t heard anything back unfortunately!
Gambo211
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by idixcey)
I used that website and registered my MAC address a couple of days ago but I still can’t use any gaming? I assume I should be given a security key to use the network but I haven’t heard anything back unfortunately!
Refer to this website:
https://ilsselfhelp.plymouth.ac.uk/d...72&Lang=1&SID=

Try connecting to the wifi network that is listed and your device should connect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Plymouth
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads