The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Opinions on LJMU John Moores University?

I am thinking of going here however it seems to have a bad reputation for to its low grade boundaries and requirements and of the two people who study there that I've asked their opinion has been 'don't go my teachers are un enthusiastic but might be different in civil engineering' so wanted the opinions of students who go there.
Reply 1
I went to LJMU and I can honestly say it's a great university but your learning experience will depend a lot on what course you do. In some subjects it's really only a mid table university, but in other subjects it's as good, if not better than red brick unis. For example, LJMU is great for stuff like engineering, Maritime Industry and Logistics, Pharmacy and Biomedical Science, Sport Science and more. Their business school is good too.

If you can go to Liverpool University then I'd recommend that since it's part of the "Russell Group". At the end of the day, it's all about YOU. If you get a good grade then having LJMU on your degree won't make any difference to the regular employer. It's only elitist careers like investment banking or the Civil Service that look at which university you attended. That's why the country is falling apart and the economy is naff, because they recruit dipsticks based on what colour brick their university is made of. I would stress that you should go for a Russell Group university if you have the option to go to one though.

LJMU gets a lot of flack that it really doesn't deserve though, and it's a mid table university, not rock bottom. It tends to jump up and down the rankings by quite a few points each year too, which I find bizarre.
Liverpool
Reply 2
I've had the best time of my life at LJMU, its a brilliant uni. There will always be a couple of people in every uni that doesnt like it. I wouldnt say it has a bad reputation for low requirements at all either.
Original post by Aurano
I went to LJMU and I can honestly say it's a great university but your learning experience will depend a lot on what course you do. In some subjects it's really only a mid table university, but in other subjects it's as good, if not better than red brick unis. For example, LJMU is great for stuff like engineering, Maritime Industry and Logistics, Pharmacy and Biomedical Science, Sport Science and more. Their business school is good too.

If you can go to Liverpool University then I'd recommend that since it's part of the "Russell Group". At the end of the day, it's all about YOU. If you get a good grade then having LJMU on your degree won't make any difference to the regular employer. It's only elitist careers like investment banking or the Civil Service that look at which university you attended. That's why the country is falling apart and the economy is naff, because they recruit dipsticks based on what colour brick their university is made of. I would stress that you should go for a Russell Group university if you have the option to go to one though.

LJMU gets a lot of flack that it really doesn't deserve though, and it's a mid table university, not rock bottom. It tends to jump up and down the rankings by quite a few points each year too, which I find bizarre.

What did you study if you dont mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending