Dawn s
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi there, looking for some advice regarding my son. My son is currently studying an HNC in computing science. He chose to do an HNC as he wasn't sure what route to go down in the computing world. He would like to go on and do a degree at university. My son has Asperger's and we feel that starting year one at university would be far better for him as he has social anxiety issues than starting at year 2 and being the new guy!. Would he receive funding for year 1? TIA.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Dawn s)
Hi there, looking for some advice regarding my son. My son is currently studying an HNC in computing science. He chose to do an HNC as he wasn't sure what route to go down in the computing world. He would like to go on and do a degree at university. My son has Asperger's and we feel that starting year one at university would be far better for him as he has social anxiety issues than starting at year 2 and being the new guy!. Would he receive funding for year 1? TIA.
sinfonietta Do you know what the situation with funding would be for this? I know you can get a 'gift' year but not sure if this can include doing HNC -> year 1 of degree?
jtv1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have not been on this website long and only just noticed how long ago your question was asked.
May I ask, did your son ever start or are you you still in the process of helping him get there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (20)
22.73%
No (68)
77.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed