University requesting information? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When will my chosen universities request a reference from me because I would have to ask my sixth form to provide me with a reference.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When will my chosen universities request a reference from me because I would have to ask my sixth form to provide me with a reference.
Your school normally attaches the reference to your UCAS application before you submit, you cannot see it for obvious reasons.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
Your school normally attaches the reference to your UCAS application before you submit, you cannot see it for obvious reasons.
I am applying independently, but my school has now told me that they can provide me with a reference despite how late they are. So, how will they get in contact with my chosen universities?
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am applying independently, but my school has now told me that they can provide me with a reference despite how late they are. So, how will they get in contact with my chosen universities?
To submit without a reference you must agree and inform the universities prior to submitting your application, hence you should already have a line of contact.

I would email admissions department at each uni, explain the situation and provide details for the uni to contact the reference (or if you have the reference attach it [if possible as a pdf] and also provide details for the university to contact your reference so they can verify it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
To submit without a reference you must agree and inform the universities prior to submitting your application, hence you should already have a line of contact.

I would email admissions department at each uni, explain the situation and provide details for the uni to contact the reference (or if you have the reference attach it [if possible as a pdf] and also provide details for the university to contact your reference so they can verify it.
I've agreed with them. Now should I contact the universities or wait for them to contact me since they have said if they need anything from me then they will be in contact.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've agreed with them. Now should I contact the universities or wait for them to contact me since they have said if they need anything from me then they will be in contact.
TBH this is a bit of weird situation as they agreed you no longer need it.

I think you could always forward the reference as an FYI, but either way its not a big deal.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
TBH this is a bit of weird situation as they agreed you no longer need it.

I think you could always forward the reference as an FYI, but either way its not a big deal.
So do you think I could be given an unconditional offer despite not having given a reference... hmm.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So do you think I could be given an unconditional offer despite not having given a reference... hmm.
its possible, they can give you whatever offer they want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (469)
66.62%
No (235)
33.38%

Watched Threads