Does she think I'm a slow or stupid or something? Watch

BobaliciousMale
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I work in a care home, we (me & two other staff guys) were taking 'the guys' (3 disabled residents) to a 3 day cabin 'holiday' break in Somerset. The female manager was in the office with a guy (I think she fancies him) counting the money and she put him in charge of the money for the trip. The other guy was the driver.

After the manager finished counting the money and giving instructions to that other staff guy she was then left in the office with myself.

She started saying to me 'Make sure you enjoy yourself' and 'try to enjoy yourself'

We (us 3 staff guys) and the residents then got into the homes jeep and i was in the back seat with the guys and the one staff guy was driving and the money holder was in the front seat.

Does she (the manager) just think I'm just an extra resident or just a useless staff member?
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What has she done wrong?
One person in charge of money. One person can drive
Someone needs to sit with the residents
And she actually told you to enjoy it? How dare she!
BobaliciousMale
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
What has she done wrong?
One person in charge of money. One person can drive
Someone needs to sit with the residents
And she actually told you to enjoy it? How dare she!
I just thought it was a bit condescending. One staff member gets to handle money and the trip basically, the other staff guy gets the job of driver and me.. just enjoy yourself... And sit in the back of the car all the way to Somerset like a loser.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BobaliciousMale)
I just thought it was a bit condescending. One staff member gets to handle money and the trip basically, the other staff guy gets the job of driver and me.. just enjoy yourself... And sit in the back of the car all the way to Somerset like a loser.
You're reading to deep into it. I don't think she did anything wrong
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Was there enough space in the front for all three of you? If not someone would have to sit in the back (and someone should be anyway to keep an eye on the residents). Don't really see what the issue is here tbh, would've been more condensing to invent your own special little job just so you didn't feel left out
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The trolls are definitely doing their work today, Jesus.
BobaliciousMale
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
The trolls are definitely doing their work today, Jesus.
I'm not a troll. Stop just using that word on the cuff.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not a troll. Stop just using that word on the cuff.
It's pretty obvious though.
The troll that reads into things too much where the situation is quite obvious and fails to see other people's opinions? Pretty standard and unoriginal, seen it too many times.
BobaliciousMale
Rep:
?
The troll that reads into things too much where the situation is quite obvious and fails to see other people's opinions? Pretty standard and unoriginal, seen it too many times.
Stop fishing for reps.
BobaliciousMale
Rep:
?
(Original post by boods8897)
Was there enough space in the front for all three of you? If not someone would have to sit in the back (and someone should be anyway to keep an eye on the residents). Don't really see what the issue is here tbh, would've been more condensing to invent your own special little job just so you didn't feel left out
To be honest the residents that went with us are pretty with it and not voilent so didn't really need someone in back. Also I wasn't actually tasked with sitting in back to get to Somerset.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop fishing for reps.
I couldn't care less about rep. :lol:
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we just had a user base that was genuinely that daft, given the nature of the site
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To be honest the residents that went with us are pretty with it and not voilent so didn't really need someone in back. Also I wasn't actually tasked with sitting in back to get to Somerset.
Yes but was there space for all three of you in the front? Because if not then by default someone would have to sit in the back and it just happened to be you.
And I know you weren't tasked with it, but you seemed offended that she hadn't given you a special job so I meant her making up an unnecessary special job just to make you happy would seem more condescending than simply wishing you a nice trip.
BobaliciousMale
Rep:
?
(Original post by boods8897)
Yes but was there space for all three of you in the front? Because if not then by default someone would have to sit in the back and it just happened to be you.
And I know you weren't tasked with it, but you seemed offended that she hadn't given you a special job so I meant her making up an unnecessary special job just to make you happy would seem more condescending than simply wishing you a nice trip.
Oh I see I get your point. Yeah perhaps your right. I just feel a bit insecure you know and feel not quite accepted if you know what I mean.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Spectacular overreaction

Stop worrying!
Last edited by gjd800; 1 month ago
BobaliciousMale
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Spectacular overreaction

Stop worrying!
Perhaps your right
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think she’s done anything wrong.
you’re actually paid to be a carer so it’s hardly wrong to place you in a caring role. And why is it wrong easy enjoy yourself?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps your right
I saw another poster say it'd be more troubling if they invented a silly job for you, and I think this is right. As things are, you can just take it relatively easy and enjoy the trip
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you should focus on the fact that you’re trusted to take three vulnerable people away.
That’s a good position to be in. You’re trustworthy, a great trait
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads