revision resources for classical civilisations a-levels Watch
any mindmaps would be good as well! I'm asking because this year I am retaking my a-levels, and I'm learning classics in a year, so I need all the help I can get to actually get to the university of my choice.
Flashcards for information, quotes and secondary scholarship on the Love + relationships module :
- Men and women,
Flashcards for information quotes and secondary scholarship on greek theatre:
- Drama and theatre in ancient athenian society
- nature of tragedy,
- nature of old comedy
- literary techniques, structure of the plays, dramatic conventions,
- social political and religious themes in tragedy
- social and political themes in comedy
- Oedipus the king, bacchae, and frogs
flashcards and for information, quotes, and secondary scholarship for world of the hero:
- composition of the epics
- iliad in general, quotes and stuff
- literary techniques and composition of the iliad
- characterisation and themes of the heroic world in the iliad
- social, cultural and religious context of the iliad
- aeneid in general, quotes and stuff
- literary techniques and composition of the aeneid
- characterisation and themes of the heroic world in the aeneid
- social, cultural and religious context of the aeneid
- historical and political background of the aeneid.
And any advice about getting A/A* when writing under time pressure would be good!
Thanks for the help!