Phone interview / apprenticeship Watch

Sjk_189
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i can’t even explain how nervous i am... I’ve never had an interview so this will be my first and I’m unsure of it being on phone... although the advantage is i can write some notes to make sure i don’t forget when my nerves get the better of me. The apprenticeship is pets at home groom room I’m unsure if they’ll ask me generic interview questions or specific questions to do within the animal sector? also at the end of the interview when they ask if you have any questions would asking how many other people applied for the apprenticeship be an appropriate question to ask?
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Sjk_189

Don't worry about your interview! Just be yourself and sound confident. It's always good to do a bit of research on the company you want to work for. Here's a link to some useful hints and tips from our university webpage:

https://www.strath.ac.uk/careers/stu...ly/interviews/

In particular, I would take a look at the telephone interview section:

https://www.strath.ac.uk/careers/stu...oneinterviews/

You can ask how many other people have applied (it's always useful to know the competition) but I would recommend asking the interviewer what they like about their job. It'll give you some more information about the type of work you would be doing and whether you could see yourself working in this particular role.

If you have any questions, then feel free to DM me.

Melissa- Student Ambassador
eves123.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
hi how did it go? did you get a trial shift?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (43)
24.16%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
26.97%
No (87)
48.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed