theeetimdoherty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My offer for BSc Economics at Exeter was reduced to BBB rather than the typical offer 'A*AA-AAA'. Why is this? I'm not sure I'm massively disadvantaged. Is it to do 4 A Levels? Thanks in advance
maddy boy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this may be random but wht did u get at gcses?
theeetimdoherty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by maddy boy)
this may be random but wht did u get at gcses?
Um my GCSEs were four 9s, two 8s and four 7s. I don't think good GCSes would give me a lower offer, if anything its reason not to xd
Annabel2017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't they say that if you make them firm choice they will reduce your offer? Could it be that?
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you the first in your immediate family (parents, siblings etc) to go to uni? Do you attend a college with poor exam results or a secondary school with poor results? Do you live in an area where most people don’t go to higher education? Have you done a lot of extra curriculum/ work experience that you mentioned in your personal statement? Are you in care or have you been in care? Are you a refugee or estranged from your family?
If the answer is no to all of those then you or your referee have obviously said something that makes the university want you! Check the offer carefully though as there may be a catch that means you have to firm the place to keep the reduced offer, and/or you have to accept the place by a certain time to keep the offer.
Well done of your offer!
Volkerbund1933
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
While I did get a reduced offer if I choose as my firm (AAB from A*AA if I get an A in EPQ as well) for econ and politics, that is certainly not as low as yours. Well done on the offer!

Perhaps just email them and have a run through the terms of your offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (531)
66.79%
No (264)
33.21%

Watched Threads