average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I have been asked to embed to quotations from chapter 1 of lord of the flies and evaluate them based on this point: in chapter 1, golding opens the novel by establishing contrast between the innocence and vulnerability of Ralph and the darkness and danger of the island

my teacher didn't really explain it and I'm not really sure where to begin

any tips?
X
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I completely disagree with the statement so how do I do this
Davy611
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
'The creepers were as thick as their thighs' suggests the foliage of the island is well established and dominant. It's a lot bigger than the boys.The boys are exploring but it's hard going as the giant plants 'left little but tunnels for further penetration'. Ralph is very excited by the newness and freedom of the experience; he's quite happy to engage in playfighting with the other boys: 'soon they were a happy, heaving pile in the under-dusk.' Ralph and the other boys don't appreciate the danger that they're in because reality hasn't set in for them yet. It's still playtime, even though there's 'no place for standing on one's head.'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%