The Student Room Group

RAF application timescale

How long does it take for the RAF to process and review an application for an officer role?
Reply 2
Original post by Wilbo2712
How long does it take for the RAF to process and review an application for an officer role?

From start to finish? Or just after the initial contact?

Start to finish, can be anything from 6 months (unlikely), to a year.

Initial contact? About a month.
Reply 3
Original post by Drewski
From start to finish? Or just after the initial contact?

Start to finish, can be anything from 6 months (unlikely), to a year.

Initial contact? About a month.

So it takes them a month to review and reply to an application? Thanks mate

Hi

It's currently taking between 4-5 weeks to process applications. Your entire application process will taken between 3-9 months to complete, possibly more, depending on the role you've applied for.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 5
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

It's currently taking between 4-5 weeks to process applications. Your entire application process will taken between 3-9 months to complete, possibly more, depending on the role you've applied for.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Hi Adam,

Thank you for answering my question.

Kind regards,

Wilbo2712

Whilst not going for an Officer role; my application was started in October 2018 and I’m nearing the end of the application process, it can feel like it drags (I’ve been applying for nearly 10 years) but hang in there and know that it’ll all be worth it in the end.

Best of luck
It has taken myself 14 months so far. I am now in the sift with earliest start date August, so it can be a long old process but don't let that put you off!
(edited 4 years ago)
I applied about 10 months ago and my start dates are in summer! It varies and i think it is mainly based on trade and lining up with Phase 2 start dates! It really just depends! Good Luck! The time really does fly, feels like yesterday I sent off my online application :smile:
It’s been approximately 1 year for me so far. I’ve been to OASC and now in the further consideration sift for my branch. So it will more than likely be 1.5 years after applying as a minimum for me to get a place on IOT if I’m successful this time around. If not I imagine it will be closer to 2.5 years should I stay in sift or reapply. All I can say is hang in there. But I understand it’s difficult work wise also with a wife and kids, mortgage to look after. You may have to weigh that all up. It’s a personal choice, only you can decide if the wait is worth it.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest