The Student Room Group

University Admissions Test For Primary Teaching

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the university admissions tests for Primary Teaching? I'm currently stressing about the maths one as I haven't studied it for a couple of years and I'm stressing it'll be the thing that stops me from getting into university!

I've got interviews for Roehampton, Greenwich, St. Marys and the University of East London.

I really want to become a teacher and I've been doing work experience at a school that has just offered me a job in there nursery until September. I'm just worried that my passion might not be enough and that I'll fail the admissions test.
Reply 1
It's not very hard if you just put some practice in beforehand.
Original post by Cat86568
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the university admissions tests for Primary Teaching? I'm currently stressing about the maths one as I haven't studied it for a couple of years and I'm stressing it'll be the thing that stops me from getting into university!

I've got interviews for Roehampton, Greenwich, St. Marys and the University of East London.

I really want to become a teacher and I've been doing work experience at a school that has just offered me a job in there nursery until September. I'm just worried that my passion might not be enough and that I'll fail the admissions test.

Hi, Do you mean the skills tests for literacy and numeracy? I thought they had been cancelled. I'm trying to find out about the fitness to teach condition do you know about that?
Reply 3
Original post by Proud Mom
Hi, Do you mean the skills tests for literacy and numeracy? I thought they had been cancelled. I'm trying to find out about the fitness to teach condition do you know about that?

Hello, They don't do the skills test anymore but the universities now do their own admissions test.I just wanted to know if anyone knew about them. I don't about the fitness to teach condition though sorry :smile:
Thanks for replying! Such a stressful time for everyone. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending