MB2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have received my offers back and I am struggling to decide between these two universities. Upon visiting I preferred Nottingham as a university/course but preferred Sheffield as a city. I was wondering if someone could shed some light on what is truly more important while at university and this could then potentially help me make a decision on which to firm!

Thanks a lot.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MB2002)
I have received my offers back and I am struggling to decide between these two universities. Upon visiting I preferred Nottingham as a university/course but preferred Sheffield as a city. I was wondering if someone could shed some light on what is truly more important while at university and this could then potentially help me make a decision on which to firm!

Thanks a lot.
There isnt a straight answer for this, everyone has different preferences, and you will need to think about what you want.

I would say you'll probably spend more time on the campus then out and about in the city however.

I would say the course is probably more important than the city or campus imo (but presuming that both cities and campuses are satisfactory, I would generally advise you that the course is more important, as you will adapt to any campus and city as you live there but you will be stuck with the modules and teaching etc. for 3/4 years). Only you know how important each element is to you however.
pizzachic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Thanks a lot.
Hi, there

I'd say Nottingham as you preferred the uni/course.

Nottingham to Sheffield is just under 2 hours away, so you can always go up for the weekend to get away
MB2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Yeah you make a good point. Thanks!
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yeah you make a good point. Thanks!
I go to Nottingham, but have went out in Sheffield, your right it has a more friendly vibe from the locals. But ultimately in Nottingham you'll be going to student events where you go out. You'll be amongst your peers, not with the locals. Nottingham is also a bigger city, we have 4 big clubs and Trent students union.. Which Nottingham student's are allowed at lol. Sheffield has only one. There's also going to be a brand new shopping centre opening in addition to the recently renovated one. Your also closer to London for job interviews/assessment centres later down the road. Facilities at Nottingham are far nicer then Sheffield, it's simply a bigger and richer university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads