Say you smoked, if u went to sleep and showered would anyone be able to tell Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
From like a metre away could anyone tell?? How long does the smell stay in hair
davesantana
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2-3 days
abcthe123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a) they won't be able to tell
b) don't smoke
c) don't start smoking
d) stop stressing, you're fine.
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No just make sure the clothes that you smoked with are also washed. I’d advice you to stop smoking because of the risks!!
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
*shrug* depends on someone's sense of smell and how well you wash.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by davesantana)
2-3 days
Seriously? So people can smell it from a metre away after over 12 hours?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Seriously? So people can smell it from a metre away after over 12 hours?
You're enveloping yourself inside and out with burning chemicals, the residue & smell clings.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
You're enveloping yourself inside and out with burning chemicals, the residue & smell clings.
I’ve never smoked before I just wanna try it but the thing holding me back is my dad and his gf finding out, it would ruing my pristine record
CMJC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve never smoked before I just wanna try it but the thing holding me back is my dad and his gf finding out, it would ruing my pristine record
Yeah - truly DON’T bother. You will hate it at first anyway. I’ve just quit after 14 years and it was the hardest and best thing I’ve ever done.
Waste of money and your health. My mum also died from lung cancer and it was a horrendous thing to go thru for her and our entire family.
Be strong bro! There are just too many negatives for it to be worth it.
X
Cherriesnwinc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From like a metre away could anyone tell?? How long does the smell stay in hair
As someone who picked up a strange smoking habit for like 5 months & has now switched to vape ( with the occasional cig)

Lingers without showering & the smell is exemplified if you smoke outside and then step into a warm temperature.

The smell definitely lingers in the hair the most. As well as your breath.

I'd say it would last until you showered the next day & brushed your teeth, it might not be as strong, but it would still linger
CMJC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And I’m certain they will find out...I got caught immediately when I was younger.
davesantana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
same. not even tempted too. unhealthy+addictive+chances of my parents finding out
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cherriesnwinc)
As someone who picked up a strange smoking habit for like 5 months & has now switched to vape ( with the occasional cig)

Lingers without showering & the smell is exemplified if you smoke outside and then step into a warm temperature.

The smell definitely lingers in the hair the most. As well as your breath.

I'd say it would last until you showered the next day & brushed your teeth, it might not be as strong, but it would still linger
Isn't vape much worse?
You don't have the filter that they put in the traditional cigarettes.
I hate the idea of doing either :ahhhhh:
(Original post by CMJC)
And I’m certain they will find out...I got caught immediately when I was younger.
Then don't do it. No one here is going to convince you. You seem to have already made up your mind. It's your body & your health, don't think your 'pristine reputation' matters much in the grand scheme of things :closedeyes:
Cherriesnwinc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MiaNova)
Isn't vape much worse?
You don't have the filter that they put in the traditional cigarettes.
I hate the idea of doing either :ahhhhh:

Then don't do it. No one here is going to convince you. You seem to have already made up your mind. It's your body & your health, don't think your 'pristine reputation' matters much in the grand scheme of things :closedeyes:
No, it is definitely not worse than smoking cigarettes. Of course NEITHER are good for the health, but e-cigs are a much more healthy alternative. Cigarettes are combustable -- in other words, the tobacco is BURNT. releasing all different chemicals and toxins into the lungs ( the burning process is what makes it so dangerous.) whereas vaping oil -- it doesn't burn it, it heats it up and releases vapour, rather than SMOKE. Like I said, neither are good. But what would you prefer? something WORSE for your lungs that leaves a horrible smell that literally clings to you for hours, or, a vape every once in a while? with no smell that lingers.

You hear of all these cases in the US where teens are suffering from the bad effects of vaping, but that's because vape oil in the US isn't as heavily regulated as it is here in the UK. leading to all sorts of horrible stuff being put in legally.

So, as long as you're getting your oils from a well-regulated lab in the UK who are certified by the GOVT, you should be relatively safe.

People can have their opinions on smoking (( either in the form of vaping or the traditional cigs)

But honestly, drinking does the same, has the same sort of chemical effect on the brain & is bad for the body. It's just less taboo.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your pristine reputation? What about your currently pristine lungs?
Cherriesnwinc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But just an added note to the Original poster -- if you want to try smoking without getting caught, I'd suggest doing it when parents are out.

I smoked on my way home from work once, took a train and everything & then waited about 30 mins for my dad to pick me up,

First thing he asked when I got in the car was -- " have you been smoking ? " -- whoops :eek:

Sooo... Maybe do it when there's a free house, do it OUTSIDE and immediately have a shower and put ur clothes in the wash.

The smell definitely does linger. I promise you & its hard to get away with.

If you want the nicotine rush -- without the smell or the "danger"

I'd say invest in a vape.

But if its only a one time thing, then follow my prior advice.
Last edited by Cherriesnwinc; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MiaNova)
Wellll I already feel unwelcome in this house, if I didn’t have a pristine record I recon I’d me kicked out ASAP
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Your pristine reputation? What about your currently pristine lungs?
Surly smoking ONCE can’t be that bad, very u likely to die from one cig
Anonymous #1
*unlikely
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You do know it's addictive? I'm sure a lot of smokers first got hooked on it by thinking they'd just try it once.

Everyone says the first cigarette is horrible, so you'll probably end up trying a few to see what it's like once your body gets used to it. And by that point, you'll be teetering on the edge of a very dangerous addiction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads