Funeral or studying Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have exams coming up (in year 13) and a family friend passed away who was in his late 50s. He passed away 3 days ago and I haven't been to the funeral yet (mosque). I want to go to a cafe or a library to study tomorrow though would it be rude of me to not go.
My parents have been and they are close to them but I haven't (he has a daughter my age).
I know I sound selfish but idk if I should go.
Me going is the least of her worries anyways but Is it rude of me to not go?
Ellielaw2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should go.. his funeral only comes once and I doubt it will take the whole day......

Whatever suits you I guess but don't feel forced to go.
Anonymous #1
Ellielaw2020 his funeral is over, the burial was today but the family just tend to sit in the mosque for a few days to pray and people come and pay their respect
somebrick
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A few days won’t hurt your a Levels to make some dua.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Studying isn't a very good reason not to go. You can spare a little time. No one needs to study non-stop around the clock.

If you don't want to go then don't. But don't make excuses not to go.
Ellielaw2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ellielaw2020 his funeral is over, the burial was today but the family just tend to sit in the mosque for a few days to pray and people come and pay their respect
Oh okay. Personally, id take at least a day and pray for the person who passed way. One day out of the whole week won't really affect your studying...
Especially if my parents were close - even more of a reason to pay respects
Anonymous #1
(Original post by somebrick)
A few days won’t hurt your a Levels to make some dua.
I know but I can make dua from home. I also just don't like the wailing crying that they do. It's like a contest between guests of who can cry the most - culture thing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Studying isn't a very good reason not to go. You can spare a little time. No one needs to study non-stop around the clock.

If you don't want to go then don't. But don't make excuses not to go.
I don't study non-stop round the clock though and that's the issue. I've got so much studying to do and my mocks start on Monday. Probably will go on Sunday
Anonymous #1
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads