The Alice
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Random one: what’s the best “freebies” anyone has gained from university?

By freebie I mean free merchandise stuff given during freshers week or open days or just throughout university , may that be branded pens, mugs or I once heard of a free university t-shirt? Can anyone top that?
(Make sure you say what uni it’s from so we can rank which is best!)
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Newcastle gave me a thick tote bag
otkmfren
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We get condoms each year
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just crappy pens
Ni_ole_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Swansea uni give out loads! T-shirts, a welcome box full of must haves and snacks during freshers, a tote bag for open days and a welcome pack when offers are made (pin badges, note books, lanyards)
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Free hoody, free T-shirt’s, free tote bag, lanyard, other stuff I cba to type out
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Morrison's came to my Freshers fair and gave every student 3kg of spaghetti. Other than that, it was mostly pens, year planner posters, keyrings, and Domino's vouchers.
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ni_ole_)
Swansea uni give out loads! T-shirts, a welcome box full of must haves and snacks during freshers, a tote bag for open days and a welcome pack when offers are made (pin badges, note books, lanyards)
Woo! Swansea. You beat me to it. Can’t forget the university branded water bottles. So proud of myself for owning both the green and the blue one! 😂
Ni_ole_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
Woo! Swansea. You beat me to it. Can’t forget the university branded water bottles. So proud of myself for owning both the green and the blue one! 😂
Haven’t came across them yet! Going to keep my eyes out when I’m there next week 🤣
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (432)
67.61%
No (207)
32.39%

Watched Threads