The Student Room Group

what do you guys think?

im 22 years old and ive been in a LDR with my boyfriend (23) for 3 years now and ever since i met him he was a quiet guy . but then since we started dating i notice he was consuming weed then things went prety well until he cheated on me with a 14 year old girl on social media cause i found out he was acting so weird making stupid excuses years later 2018 i forgive him and he went so jealous towards me about my friends every little thing in fact he told me about me cheating yes i did cheated on him once and ofcourse ive learned my lesson over 2 years then IM ALWAYS on the phone with him 24-7 while he goes to work and leaves he works 2 jobs everyday and he barely talks to me i thought we were fine and no yesterday he got mad that i went out with my mom grocery shopping so he called me saying what am i doing i asked that i was shopping with my mom and his responded with your mom or friends i told him BABY YOU KNOW THAT IM ALWAYS WITH MY MOM besides this issue i cut off my social media just to avoid fights with him cause to me instagram and facebook dosent seem interest to me anymore plus i cut off people off by eliminating them and my friends well now that i dont have any because they dont want anything from me anymore so i just use pinterest to look at memes or just watch videos on youtube im hella dissapointed that my boyfriend treats me like this if was near him i wouldve confront him but since my life was getting worse that my parents are getting a divorce plus getting kicked out by the end of the month i cried every night that my life wont be the same anymore it only get worse sometimes i wanted to talk to my boyfriend telling him whats going on but his cousins comes over to smoke and all i wanted was to listen to me everytime we fight he always mentions a girl from where he works that she likes him not only 1 but 3 other girls like him hearing that makes me more depess now my life has been getting bad not only my boyfriend lying and smoking and not trusting me im being honest what else can i do writting this just makes me wanna cry
Reply 1
By posting on here, you know what you need to do, you're just waiting for someone else to say it; break up.with your boyfriend.

It's a toxic relationship with bad behaviour on both sides; cheating, arguing, controlling (like constant phone calls), and no trust or communication. You're not good for each other, so you need to move on, rebuild your friendships and find something to occupy you; hobbies, volunteering. Do you have a job so that you can be independent financially?
All this stuff that you're crying about, you should be happy about.

Your parents divorce. You should be happy for them that they will no longer be tied into a relationship that they are not happy in. Surely, for several years now, you've seen the signs that they are not happy enough together?

You getting kicked out of the family home? Great! You're 22. You're an adult. You're not a child any more. It's time for you live as a fully independent adult. Your parents think you're ready for this step. Take it as a huge compliment from them.

You've got a horrible, controlling long distance boyfriend. That's great! You've learnt quite a bit about relationships whilst you've been with him. With it being long distance it should be quick and simple to break up with him, with less chance of him taking some sinister revenge on you. You dumping him, combined with you moving into your own place will give a period of being single again. Meaning that you will have total freedom. Which is fantastic.
You are also more experienced in spotting the signs that someone is a nasty controlling little git. And therefore your future boyfriends and husband should be a lot better than your current one.

If I were in your shoes I'd be feeling content. I'd be looking forward to the future with a lot of optimism.
You are crying because you're putting a negative spin on everything. You don't have to. You can start putting a positive spin on everything.
Or at least reminding yourself that it takes the bad things in life to make the good things seem really good. So go out and make a lot of good things happen. Starting with you dumping your nasty boyfriend today, by text or phone call or email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending