Ashleey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can you retake your Math GCSE as an adult by simply booking the exam within a school/college and attending without paying for a distance learning course or taking lessons etc?

I've already paid (alot) for a distance learning course last year and unfortunately couldn't make the last exam. I wish to enroll again but do not want to pay for the course a second time when I still have all the materials to revise from.
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ashleey)
Can you retake your Math GCSE as an adult by simply booking the exam within a school/college and attending without paying for a distance learning course or taking lessons etc?

I've already paid (alot) for a distance learning course last year and unfortunately couldn't make the last exam. I wish to enroll again but do not want to pay for the course a second time when I still have all the materials to revise from.
I would think you can. Just call the test centre/school/college and pay for the exam. If you can't at the same place you did the course last year you can call other test centres around and see if you can do it there.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ashleey)

I think almost certainly not.
If you dont have either then you can enrol on a free course where exams are paid, but not exam only, so you will have to pay yourself.

Test centres exists as businesses.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's absolutely no need to pay for a course at all - you can just teach yourself. You can just find a centre and pay them to enter you for the exam. You need to get a move on as the entry deadline at the exam board is half term and centres will need entries before that to give them time to do their admin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (66)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (33)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed