helloano4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How do u revise for GCSE AQA poetry in eng lit paper 2?
nexk.dxxp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

I changed up my revision tactic for poetry for my Y11 mocks, and it took me from a level 2 (out of 6) to a level 5. Obviously, what helps you revise is personal to you, but I know that I found the amount of poems I had to memorise overwhelming.

I was quite late to start with revision for the mocks so I only had the weekend for Literature revision. So, I made a list of the 5-6 poems that I could compare to all the others, say the most about, or liked, and rewrote my annotations for them clearly and neatly. This helped really understand the poem, and also remember some annotations. Then I picked out my 5 most important (had the most to say about them) quotations from each poems and memorised these.
Additionally, a basic understanding of the context and meaning (possibly some interesting annotations too) of the other poems would help a lot. If you have more time, choose 2 poems and make a bullet point list about similarities and differences. Or, pick a past paper question and - even if it's not in essay form, and just bullet points or sentences - answer it! It really helps some people to plan beforehand, too.

Hope this helps!
helloano4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank youu
zaraoof
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chho)
How do u revise for GCSE AQA poetry in eng lit paper 2?
try to remember at least 3 really good quotes u can talk about from each poem. that way you'll be prepared for the poem that comes up
m.aurelius
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t bother learning all of them - just make sure you understand them all. Pick 5/6 of them that you can use for any theme to compare and make detailed annotations. Then, instead of always rereading the same annotations for revision, write them out again without looking to see how much you remember. Keep doing that every so often (not like 10 times a day but more like once every other day) until you remember them well.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
comparison tables or plans are good to help you consider 2 poems together.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
13.83%
I need help researching courses (8)
8.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.38%
I need help with my personal statement (38)
40.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
24.47%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.26%

Watched Threads