The Student Room Group

Summer holiday placements

Currently I’m in my first year at college and I’m looking at stuff i can participate in to boost my personal statement for Uni. I have found lots of possible events such as work placements, “summer schools” but they all take place during the same summer holiday and I don’t know what o do.
Reply 1
what work placements and summer schools are you considering?
Original post by DPat1210
Currently I’m in my first year at college and I’m looking at stuff i can participate in to boost my personal statement for Uni. I have found lots of possible events such as work placements, “summer schools” but they all take place during the same summer holiday and I don’t know what o do.

Hi there, moved your thread to Part-time and temporary employment :fyi:
What do you want to apply for at University?
Depending on the things you want to apply for there are things such as the Nuffield Research placement scheme, Sutton Trust, public lectures, reading books/magazines and papers in the area that may be beneficial for the personal statement.
Obviously experience is good but it's not common to get it at this stage and the above schemes are limited. Enjoy your summer holiday and read things in the area of study you find interesting. If you can convey that through your PS well you're set :yy:
:bump:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending