Hate not being able to drive Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im sick of not being able to drive its just sucks so much. I cant go out much because public transport is just not good at all, it just is slow and unreliable, the other day the bus broke down on the way home from college so we had to wait for another bus. Only one of my mates drives so we are limited on how much we go out. I hate public transport as well so I try to get lifts as much as possible but you cant do that all the time. My mate gave me a lift home from college but he was stuck in traffic so he got delayed but I didnt know so I was just walking up and down the road looking like an idiot. Im still learning to drive and need to pass my test soon or im screwed coz I honnestly cant stand public transport anymore I dont see why people choose not to drive also if it about enviroment you could just get an electric car or hybrid but either way no offence to people who dont drive.

Does anyone else just despise public transport and just want to be able to drive?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im sick of not being able to drive its just sucks so much. I cant go out much because public transport is just not good at all, it just is slow and unreliable, the other day the bus broke down on the way home from college so we had to wait for another bus. Only one of my mates drives so we are limited on how much we go out. I hate public transport as well so I try to get lifts as much as possible but you cant do that all the time. My mate gave me a lift home from college but he was stuck in traffic so he got delayed but I didnt know so I was just walking up and down the road looking like an idiot. Im still learning to drive and need to pass my test soon or im screwed coz I honnestly cant stand public transport anymore I dont see why people choose not to drive also if it about enviroment you could just get an electric car or hybrid but either way no offence to people who dont drive.

Does anyone else just despise public transport and just want to be able to drive?
:yes:

Sadly in this country, unless you live in a major built up area (like London) then public transport is essential.

Hence why passing your driving test is still a rite-of-passage into adulthood.

On the flip side, driving is expensive (learning to drive is not cheap, then you have to pay insurance - absolutely through-the-roof when you're young, petrol, MOT, parking, the car itself etc.) and potentially dangerous. Whereas for public transport, there's no need to worry about those things - so it's not all one-sided.
Last edited by ecolier; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
:yes:

Sadly in this country, unless you live in a major built up area (like London) then public transport is essential.

Hence why passing your driving test is still a rite-of-passage into adulthood.

On the flip side, driving is expensive (learning to drive is not cheap, then you have to pay insurance - absolutely through-the-roof when you're young, petrol, MOT, parking, the car itself etc.) and potentially dangerous. Whereas for public transport, there's no need to worry about those things - so it's not all one-sided.
Nah mate id much rather pay them bills than use public transport
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It honestly depends which area you live in. I'm still learning atm but it's not so bad as the buses around my area are pretty good. The trains are awful, though.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
It honestly depends which area you live in. I'm still learning atm but it's not so bad as the buses around my area are pretty good. The trains are awful, though.
Yep trains are awful me and my famliy were using them but there was bare delays plus that was just once. The buses take ages to come as well though I finish college about 4 30 but get home about 5 45 on average.
OctoberRain7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mate I can't drive and have to walk a mile to school, further to the bus stop (there's only one bus which stops in like three different ). You're lucky to have accessible public transport
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm 29 now and learned to drive pretty late at 23 years old, mostly cause before that I had people around me who drove so didn't have to use transport much, but they slowly disappeared from my life and using public transport to get anywhere sucked.

Funny thing is you don't fully appreciate it until you're actually driving. When I used to go to hospital appointments it'd take me 45 mins just to get there. Walk to the bottom of my road, wait for bus, bus to station, wait for the next bus, bus to hospital. When I drive myself it takes 5-10 minutes. Your options in just nipping out to get stuff are possibly limited if you don't drive depending on where you live - in my area the only things in walking distance are the local shops, the town centre or nearest supermarket were probably half an hour's walk for example or 20 minutes via public transport, whereas if I'm driving it takes 5-10 minutes to get there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
I'm 29 now and learned to drive pretty late at 23 years old, mostly cause before that I had people around me who drove so didn't have to use transport much, but they slowly disappeared from my life and using public transport to get anywhere sucked.

Funny thing is you don't fully appreciate it until you're actually driving. When I used to go to hospital appointments it'd take me 45 mins just to get there. Walk to the bottom of my road, wait for bus, bus to station, wait for the next bus, bus to hospital. When I drive myself it takes 5-10 minutes. Your options in just nipping out to get stuff are possibly limited if you don't drive depending on where you live - in my area the only things in walking distance are the local shops, the town centre or nearest supermarket were probably half an hour's walk for example or 20 minutes via public transport, whereas if I'm driving it takes 5-10 minutes to get there.
I know same with me when my friend gives me a lift from college it takes like half a hour if that but on the bus it takes like an hour or more, 45 mins occasionly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads