Would you date someone who showers once a week Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been dating this girl for a few months now and she recently told me she showers once a week which I found disgusting. Having a GF with good personal hygiene is really important to me and although she doesn't smell bad, I feel uncomfortable around her now. She applies a lot of perfume which probably masks her bad personal hygiene.
Treeroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
your body adapts to how often you clean yourself. you can actually go months without showering and after the first 2 months your body will have gotten used to it and you won't smell or anything.

personally wouldn't really give a flying monkeys, just wouldn't go down on her
username4966870
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Treeroy)
your body adapts to how often you clean yourself. you can actually go months without showering and after the first 2 months your body will have gotten used to it and you won't smell or anything.

personally wouldn't really give a flying monkeys, just wouldn't go down on her
Is this actually true though, I’ve tried giving that “wash your hair every few days and your natural oils will come out” thing a go and it just didn’t work for me. My hair just ended up greasy asf, especially after getting out of bed
Treeroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous__02)
Is this actually true though, I’ve tried giving that “wash your hair every few days and your natural oils will come out” thing a go and it just didn’t work for me. My hair just ended up greasy asf, especially after getting out of bed
Yes, it is true, but you have to persist with it for a while before it works.
If your body has been washing every day for 20 years, it won't suddenly adapt to change after just a few days.

I think it's around 2 months before the body will adapt. So you have to go through 2 whole months of greasy hair. Not for me thanks! i'll put up with having to shower daily lol.
username4966870
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, it is true, but you have to persist with it for a while before it works.
If your body has been washing every day for 20 years, it won't suddenly adapt to change after just a few days.

I think it's around 2 months before the body will adapt. So you have to go through 2 whole months of greasy hair. Not for me thanks! i'll put up with having to shower daily lol.
Yeaah that is way too long lmao think I’ll give it a miss too
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. However perfume/deodorant can disguise bad personal hygiene quite well.
Last edited by Lyndsey.95; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess you can see how clean she is when you engage in sexual activity
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve tried giving that “wash your hair every few days and your natural oils will come out” thing a go and it just didn’t work for me. My hair just ended up greasy asf, especially after getting out of bed
Yeah, the natural oils came out.

Were you expecting these to be... not oily natural oils or...?

You should definitely try the not showering thing. I heard little suckers appear all over your skin and suck the smell back in. Like, there are many homeless people who can't shower right? And homeless people always smell and look great.
Treeroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nexttime)
Yeah, the natural oils came out.

Were you expecting these to be... not oily natural oils or...?

You should definitely try the not showering thing. I heard little suckers appear all over your skin and suck the smell back in. Like, there are many homeless people who can't shower right? And homeless people always smell and look great.
Homeless people are hardly healthy, what a strange comparison.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.
I detest showers, prefer baths.
I would be more wary if a guy had aquaphobia, ablutophobia or hydrophobia.
Lilli22
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
During the holidays, I usually go longer without washing my hair. My hair is long. Once, it got to the point that I could go for 4-5 days before my hair would get greasy, so in my own account it does adapt.

Not sure about washing your body, though. It's very different in this sense.
Lilli22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Homeless people are hardly healthy, what a strange comparison.
It's a joke.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
probably
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Surely she must at least wash her private parts more often than that?!

I don't think I would date someone who only washes once a week.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I would hate to be in a room with about half of the people in this thread
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lilli22)
During the holidays, I usually go longer without washing my hair. My hair is long. Once, it got to the point that I could go for 4-5 days before my hair would get greasy, so in my own account it does adapt.

Not sure about washing your body, though. It's very different in this sense.
I've had a very different experience. For years, I had tried to go 3-4 days without washing my hair yet my hair would still start to get greasy by the end of day 2. I wash it every 2 days now and it still gets greasy at exactly the same rate. I think it must depend on hair type.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been dating this girl for a few months now and she recently told me she showers once a week which I found disgusting. Having a GF with good personal hygiene is really important to me and although she doesn't smell bad, I feel uncomfortable around her now. She applies a lot of perfume which probably masks her bad personal hygiene.
nope for me, they've gotta shower once a day (i don't care when, or if they don't wear perfume etc at least they have showered)
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
I detest showers, prefer baths.
I would be more wary if a guy had aquaphobia, ablutophobia or hydrophobia.
What's the difference between aquaphobia and hydrophobia?
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would hate to be in a room with about half of the people in this thread
Lmaooooo, this! So damn gross. Someone who only showers once is week is disgusting, periodt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (47)
24.48%
No, but I have thought about it (52)
27.08%
No (93)
48.44%

Watched Threads