UK student who wants to do AP qualifications

Watch
hugojenner
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am in year 12 and currently doing 3 A levels. I am applying to both the UK and the US. I am doing the SAT and will also be doing the SAT subject tests in biology and English lit. I am considering doing some AP qualifications as well. Will UK universities take all of the qualifications into consideration when I apply? Even though they are American qualifications and I am already doing A levels? I am asking because my GCSEs are low and I need to compensate.
expatmum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I would think they would only take the A Levels officially, especially as you are at school in the UK, but maybe the AP's would help if things got down to the wire...? Also - I don't think you'd need the AP's for US college applications from the UK, if you have A levels and an ACT or an SAT, plus SAT subject tests. I would say concentrate on the subject tests and getting really good A Levels - and be aware that US college is very expensive and International scholarships are minimal compared to what's available to US students. Try the Reddit page A2C for a good thread about US college applications with a load of International applicants there.
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They will take SAT Subject Tests, ACT/SATs, APs, whatever. However, most unis (UK and US) probably won't care about them much compared to your a-levels as a British applicant, so I'd advise against it. Spend your time getting a good SAT and Subject Test results instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
60.31%
No (71)
21.85%
Not sure (58)
17.85%

Watched Threads