The Student Room Group

Are these subjects good for law at LSE/UCL/KCL?

economics ,history ,maths and geography.

is geogrpahy considered a soft subject? Should i do politics instead?

Would Eng lit improve my chances?
Original post by tanyajam

I feel like there are no particular subjects you have to do for law, but it might be good to do something like history or English literature as it shows of your analytical skills. Geography definitely is not considered a soft subject. I feel like you should do the subjects you enjoy and are good at as there is no guideline for laws for example my friend who will be doing law at university does English literature, history and Re. Hope this advice helped a bit.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Probably just pick 3, ideally sticking with Maths and History.
Original post by tanyajam

They are fine and History is actually the A level subject most commonly taken by Law students.

Agree there is no need to take 4 and would be better to concentrate on getting the best grades you can in 3
Reply 4
Original post by MoonlightTiger16
I feel like there are no particular subjects you have to do for law, but it might be good to do something like history or English literature as it shows of your analytical skills. Geography definitely is not considered a soft subject. I feel like you should do the subjects you enjoy and are good at as there is no guideline for laws for example my friend who will be doing law at university does English literature, history and Re. Hope this advice helped a bit.

thank you very much.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
Probably just pick 3, ideally sticking with Maths and History.

is maths seen as more academic?
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
They are fine and History is actually the A level subject most commonly taken by Law students.

Agree there is no need to take 4 and would be better to concentrate on getting the best grades you can in 3

thank you very mucj!

Quick Reply

Latest