The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough to get into oxbridge medicine

Hi I've just started sixth form and all my friends have decided where they want to go to uni already. I did this medicine shadowing day at Oxford and loved it so now I really want to go there. My main problem is that some of my GCSEs were a bit rubbish and I got the equivalent of 8A*,A,B,C and am now doing maths, chemistry, biology and AS Further Maths. Have I got any chance of getting into oxbridge medicine or am I wasting an application?
Cambridge - your application will be fine as no GCSE requirements. Oxford are very very GCSE heavy (pretty much everyone that gets interview will have 10 a stars or more) so I wouldn’t recommend it but if you have a very very good bmat that could change.
Original post by MedDog
Hi I've just started sixth form and all my friends have decided where they want to go to uni already. I did this medicine shadowing day at Oxford and loved it so now I really want to go there. My main problem is that some of my GCSEs were a bit rubbish and I got the equivalent of 8A*,A,B,C and am now doing maths, chemistry, biology and AS Further Maths. Have I got any chance of getting into oxbridge medicine or am I wasting an application?

Any extenuating circumstances? Poor school?

Oxford medicine is incredibly competitive and very strict on GCSEs
https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics

Cambridge is certainly an option. Typical offer is A*A*A of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending