The Student Room Group

shakespeare (romeo and juliet)

how do you structure the romeo and juliet question on the english literature paper (gcse)?
(Only what I was taught to do but it worked for me)

A short introduction just explaining how the theme/character in the play is an “integral part” and shows up in many different ways. Then I would have two/three paragraphs explaining how different quotes from the extract showed the theme/character. Then another two/three points from the rest of the play. Sorry, I can’t remember what I did for the conclusion, probably a summary of the main point.

Hope this helps!
Our teacher has said to write a short introduction and 2/3 points for extract and 2/3 for rest of the play, the structure she gave us was Point Evidence Techniques Explanation Author’s ideas Context (PETEAC) to make sure we get everything we need into an essay, then just write a shot conclusion explaining your points :smile:
Original post by Emily~3695
Our teacher has said to write a short introduction and 2/3 points for extract and 2/3 for rest of the play, the structure she gave us was Point Evidence Techniques Explanation Author’s ideas Context (PETEAC) to make sure we get everything we need into an essay, then just write a shot conclusion explaining your points :smile:

Original post by Elizabeth2002
(Only what I was taught to do but it worked for me)

A short introduction just explaining how the theme/character in the play is an “integral part” and shows up in many different ways. Then I would have two/three paragraphs explaining how different quotes from the extract showed the theme/character. Then another two/three points from the rest of the play. Sorry, I can’t remember what I did for the conclusion, probably a summary of the main point.

Hope this helps!

thank you this so helpful

Quick Reply

Latest