The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Are there any Oxford colleges that offer college accomodation/catering for postgrads?

I was thinking of applying to Oxford for my master next academic year, but as I struggle with some health conditions it would be preferable if I lived in college. Do any Oxford colleges offer this?

Thank you. :smile:
Worcester College used to offer accommodation for MSt students and I think first-year DPhil students too. Not sure if that's still the case though. It might be worth making yourself known to the University's disability office first - they might have advice or be able to help you narrow colleges down, depending on what your health issues are :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
@The_Lonely_Goatherd is right of course. There are such colleges, and you might like to help yourself a little by scanning through the college websites and getting an idea of what you fancy. But the most useful thing at first will be to contact the central Disabilities Support Service https://edu.admin.ox.ac.uk/disability-support

If you have got to the point of identifying likely candidate colleges, I would urge you to visit before finalising, as what some colleges consider "accessible" (for example) is a somewhat generous interpretation of the term. The same might apply across a range of conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending