Does anyone actually still watch football? Watch

Dont know01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I dont watch it but I used to go to the games in 2017 but I dont bother now mainly because Id rather save my money for better stuff coz it like £30 per game then memberships and just seeing my team lose nah Im just not into it id rather be at home relaxing or going pub or focusing on my goals for my future. Also lets be honest I supported Manchester United but Im being honest they arent really good at all now and Ole isnt really good, the team are basically terrible now so thats another reason. Its all about the money now its just true they all have Bentleys, Ranges and massive houses the players couldnt care less if they win or lose its just the truth tbh. If they actually fully cared I would think about going games but they just dont its a fact. I dont watch football at all now not even on tv or radio etc. Cba with it also I dont even know if the whole thing is rigged so nah watching football isnt for me
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, the other day I saw Harry Kane at a food bank; and just yesterday I got in an Uber guess who was driving? Jurgen Klopp.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My work colleagues are OBSESSED with football, they watch it & bet on it, etc:dontknow: one section at work is even nicknamed after a footballer :lol:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
No, the other day I saw Harry Kane at a food bank; and just yesterday I got in an Uber guess who was driving? Jurgen Klopp.
They probably just get told to do that
Varss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
MU supporter but I just watch on TV, and actually our youth rlly aren't as snobby as u think. Rashford has done lots of interviews abt his life
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chronoscope)
My work colleagues are OBSESSED with football, they watch it & bet on it, etc:dontknow: one section at work is even nicknamed after a footballer :lol:
Do you watch it yourself mate? I think some people think players care more than they do
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Varss)
MU supporter but I just watch on TV, and actually our youth rlly aren't as snobby as u think. Rashford has done lots of interviews abt his life
Ive seen them but yep hes only young and was still at school in 2016 so he can remember where hes come from but it will probably reduce and hell get more arrogant. When Rashford came on the scenes in 2016 you can tell he was a bit nervous on interviews and in games but now you can tell hes a lot more confident and a bit arrogant
Last edited by Dont know01; 1 month ago
Varss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dont know01)
Ive seen them but yep hes only young and was still at school in 2016 so he can remember where hes come from but it will probably reduce and hell get more arrogant. When Rashford came on the scenes in 2016 you can tell he was a bit nervous on interviews and in games but now you can tell hes a lot more confident and a bit arrogant
yea sure, i do think these mans get paid way too much tho
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Varss)
yea sure, i do think these mans get paid way too much tho
Yeah bro
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course they care, no professional sportsperson wants to spend their career losing. Have you ever played a sport, cos it doesn't seem like you have. Nobody is ever happy to get beat (unless they are taking a bung)
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's dipped in popularity a tiiiny bit amongst some but it's still by far the biggest sport thing going
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Of course they care, no professional sportsperson wants to spend their career losing. Have you ever played a sport, cos it doesn't seem like you have. Nobody is ever happy to get beat (unless they are taking a bung)
What about alexis sanchez at manchester united
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
I think it's dipped in popularity a tiiiny bit amongst some but it's still by far the biggest sport thing going
Its just overrated
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What about alexis sanchez at manchester united
If you think he wanted to be in the situation that he was in, then I can't help ye

Like everyone else, they have bad days, bad spells, bad attitudes sometimes, but unless they are corrupt or maybe ill, no sportsman cares so little about their vocation that they are sound with underperforming and losing every week
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Was once asked to turf a first division soccer player's garden but the turf that arrived was crap! Phoned the boss but he said carry on... use the best bits,,, what best bits? 5 hrs later he turned up in a Ferrari... I'm not paying you for that!!! Don't blame you, neither would I.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its just overrated
Objectively, that's bolleaux
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vinny C)
Was once asked to turf a first division soccer player's garden but the turf that arrived was crap! Phoned the boss but he said carry on... use the best bits,,, what best bits? 5 hrs later he turned up in a Ferrari... I'm not paying you for that!!! Don't blame you, neither would I.
My guy
Dont know01
Rep:
?
If you think he wanted to be in the situation that he was in, then I can't help ye

Like everyone else, they have bad days, bad spells, bad attitudes sometimes, but unless they are corrupt or maybe ill, no sportsman cares so little about their vocation that they are sound with underperforming and losing every week
But sanchez had a bad whole season
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But sanchez had a bad whole season
Aye, for myriad other factors than 'he's not bothered'
Dont know01
Rep:
?
Aye, for myriad other factors than 'he's not bothered'
But man u was supposed to be his dream club
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (147)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.53%
No- I want it (68)
27.98%
No- I don't want it (17)
7%

Watched Threads