Sam Davidson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Cheap food for student on low budget. All other info on here seems to be from a long long time ago....
FutureFinance
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sam Davidson)
Cheap food for student on low budget. All other info on here seems to be from a long long time ago....
Hi SamDavidson!

I've listed some of the best food (in my opinion ) to buy on a student budget:

Bread - because believe it or not, bread is so diverse! You can toast it, butter it, make it to a sandwich or dip it in a soup. You can even freeze it before it goes bad. Oh, and it's super cheap so it's a great cupboard filler!

Eggs - again, there is so much you can do with eggs! Make yourself an omelet, boiled eggs, poached eggs. Eggs are also filling and full of protein so again they make a great and cheap thing to have in the cupboards.

Veggies - while at uni it's so easy to get into the trap of eating unhealthy foods day after day, try to go to your local market and buy cheap veggies in bulk if you can, a good way to lessen the cost of buying cheap veg in bulk is to share and split the cost with your flatmates.

Nuts - they make a healthier, more filling alternative snack to crisps and can be cheap too, depending on where you buy them. I recommend Lidl or Aldi for a bag of mixed nuts that won't break the bank.

Would you like any tips for cheap meal ideas? If so - I know plenty!

Sarah
Marketing Graduate
DCDCo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Free lunch every day - Hare Krishna outside the SU. That's a real big lunch. Healthy too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (319)
65.91%
No (165)
34.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed