What happens if I resit and get a lower grade? Watch

mat325h
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would my new grade be used or my highest, old one?
ghostmalone
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
highest
mat325h
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ghostmalone)
highest
So when it comes to results day, my old one and my new ones will be combined to meet my offer?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you re-sitting a whole qualification or just a unit that forms part of the qualification?

If you re-sit a whole qualification then you will get a second certificate and have both results. Which one counts depends on the person looking at them - i.e. if this is for a university place you'd have to ask the university. Over time you can probably 'forget' the lower result for CVs.

If you're re-sitting a unit before getting an overall grade then different exam boards have different rules but generally the better result counts.
Last edited by Compost; 4 weeks ago
robertgallacher
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As far as I'm aware from exams officers at my school, they take the highest of your two most recent qualifications. eg. if you were to sit it and get a B, then resit it and get a C, you would have a B, but if you were to retake it a third time and get a D, your B would no longer count, and you'd have a C, as it's the highest of your two most recent ones. Obviously if you were to then retake it a fourth time and get an A, the A would show, though at that point it would appear unusual to resit so many times without a good reason.
mat325h
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
bump
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mat325h)
bump
What's the point of bumping this when you haven't given enough context - e.g.unit or whole qualification, exam board, - for anyone to give you a definitive answer?
Last edited by Compost; 4 weeks ago
mat325h
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Compost)
What's the point of bumping this when you haven't given enough context - e.g.unit or whole qualification, exam board, - for anyone to give you a definitive answer?
Sorry, I'm doing OCR and whole units
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (469)
66.62%
No (235)
33.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise