A level English

Watch this thread
Rashbeck
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks!
Last edited by Rashbeck; 2 years ago
tacobeth
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
there’s a conjunction, independent main clause, mental verb, concrete noun, second person pronoun
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Along with what's already been mentioned, there is a primary auxiliary verb, a dynamic verb, a relative clause and a noun phrase that contains a definite article and pluralised common concrete noun. I study English language at A Level.

I'd also call a 'mental verb' a 'stative verb'. You don't really focus on active and passive voice in interrogatives. And to be specific, the conjunction is a co-ordinating conjunction.

Also, this is very basic terminology.
Last edited by Tolgash; 2 years ago
Rashbeck
Rep:
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Along with what's already been mentioned, there is a primary auxiliary verb, a dynamic verb, a relative clause, a noun phrase that contains a definite article and pluralised common concrete noun. I study English language at A Level.

I'd also call a 'mental verb' a 'stative verb'. You don't really focus on active and passive in interrogatives.
Thankyouuuuu so much!!!
Tolgash
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rashbeck)
Thankyouuuuu so much!!!

Lastly, what about this sentence "because they’re blending with authentic criminals".
This is a dependent/subordinate clause. There is a contraction with the third-person plural pronoun 'they' and the agreeing primary auxiliary verb 'are'. The present continuous/progressive tense is used. There is also prepositional phrase (some people might argue that this is an adverbial).
Last edited by Tolgash; 2 years ago
Tolgash
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Thankyouuuuu so much!!!

Lastly, what about this sentence "because they’re blending with authentic criminals".

I appreciate this a lot! What are you predicted for your English A level anyway? I hope you succeed and do well in all your exams!
A*.

Thank you. You can check my progress put on my GYG blog.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Oh... the interrogative is questioning, why are you touching me? It finishes with a question mark. The imperative is demanding... don't touch me! It finishes with an exclamation mark. Now... can someone give me an example of the dative?
Last edited by Vinny C; 2 years ago
Rashbeck
Rep:
(Original post by Tolgarda)
A*.

Thank you. You can check my progress put on my GYG blog.
Will do!
tacobeth
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Do u study English lang by any chance or have you studied it?
I’m doing intensive English Lang at a level at the moment so I feel your pain haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
23.53%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (11)
32.35%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
8.82%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
17.65%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
5.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads