Uni relationship vs later relationship Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do you think a uni relationship would differ from one after graduation? Would one or the other be more serious?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Obviously on average, relationships after graduation will be a lot more serious.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Obviously on average, relationships after graduation will be a lot more serious.
Why is this?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Why is this?
Because uni is full of people (often desperately) trying to get into relationships, often their first ones. And at that age most people aren't particularly mature in any sense, especially freshers, due to lack of exposure to the real world.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Generally the older people get the more serious the relationships become.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you think a uni relationship would differ from one after graduation? Would one or the other be more serious?
The relationship I'm currently in started when I was in first year at uni... nearly 5 years later (2 and a half years after graduation) we're still together. I don't think it's changed *loads* as it was serious in the first place, but it's evolved like living together now etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
The relationship I'm currently in started when I was in first year at uni... nearly 5 years later (2 and a half years after graduation) we're still together. I don't think it's changed *loads* as it was serious in the first place, but it's evolved like living together now etc.
Were you both quite mature when you got together?
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Were you both quite mature when you got together?
Yeah I'd say so. I don't think we've massively matured or changed since :lol:
Toscana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
girls go on loads of nights out at uni so not sure if i'd be trusting enough to have a relationship. at least not in the first year
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think they differ.

I'm in an amazing relationship. I'm also a student (on a placement year). The fact I'm a student doesn't really influence my relationship at all.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe a different context to the relationship, financial security and the purpose that come from work. Perhaps also a less claustrophobic dating environment. But equally may not make much difference.
pizzachic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel like a uni relationship is more about finding out who you enjoy! it's just a person to pass the time with.

whereas after graduation you tend to actually be looking for a partner, plus people grow up and KNOW what they want instead of getting with anyone
justinbieba
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
After uni is more serious as you move towards the marriage stage
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's relatively harder to find someone to be in a relationship with after you leave university.
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
??
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
I don't think they differ.

I'm in an amazing relationship. I'm also a student (on a placement year). The fact I'm a student doesn't really influence my relationship at all.
Yeah sure lol
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah sure lol
It doesn't.
skylark2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Different people's relationships are different. Some people have serious relationships at uni. Some people carry on having non-serious relationships long after uni. There's little or no correlation between whether you're at uni and whether a relationship is serious - I don't think I've ever met anyone who consciously switched from having non-serious to serious relationships because they'd left

It's difficult to say anything when you ask such a vague anonymous question. Are you still at school and are worried that everyone will expect your relationships to be serious once you get a bit older? Are you about to go to uni, thinking you want to have a serious relationship and worried that nobody else will? Are you about to leave and afraid that everyone else will expect every relationship to be serious? In all three cases the answer is no, there will be plenty of people looking for (or in) all kinds of relationships. University and adult life is not like school.- the people around you aren't children. Being exactly like everyone else just isn't an issue any more.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could find that one may run into the other.
That said I agree with Black teas comment.
Once you leave uni it can be harder to find a soulmate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads