G̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶T̶u̶b̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶I̶m̶m̶e̶d̶i̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶

Watch
username5130918
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
S̶o̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶w̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶r̶n̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶?̶

Update*: I refrained from approaching due to opinions below.
To be updated in due course

I THINK SHE'S ON INSTAGRAM, might go find her because I've seen her before.
Last edited by username5130918; 10 months ago
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
She is not interested and whatever you do will come off as creepy and stalkerish. Nothing suggests she is interested and at this time at night, you going up to her saying anything will make her uncomfortable
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
what the
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Seems unlikely she's on the train for its dating prospects. Leave her alone.
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Literally just saw a vid on Twitter of a creepy disgusting guy on a tube trying to do that. Please don’t do that it makes people feel uncomfortable
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
wth joe Goldberg
DaniyalKhan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Any guy with the name "PewDiePie" in his username (with the exception of PewDiePie himself) should be kept at an arms' distance from women. Don't @ me.
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Nothing’s stopping you from talking to her... maybe make a complaint about the weather to her and see if she’s receptive?

If she isn’t, wish her a good night and leave it at that.

How people find the above “creepy” or “stalkerish” is beyond belief.

I made eye contact with a woman on the Tube once and said hello...

“You ****ing pervert!”

Last edited by Occitanie; 10 months ago
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Nothing’s stopping you from talking to her... maybe make a complaint about the weather to her and see if she’s receptive?

How people find the above “creepy” or “stalkerish” need some perspective.
It's 10pm at night on a tube. She's a woman by herself. It's London (most likely). Unless you are a girl, I don't think you'd understand
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

How people find the above “creepy” or “stalkerish” need some perspective.
It is intimidating for a woman to be approached by a man when it's late/dark out. Her guard will be up.
DaniyalKhan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

How people find the above “creepy” or “stalkerish” is beyond belief.
OP: "She doesn't smile and shows a stern face."

Take the hint.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ساره)
Literally just saw a vid on Twitter of a creepy disgusting guy on a tube trying to do that. Please don’t do that it makes people feel uncomfortable
You’re just assuming OP is a perv...

Could just be your regular Joe. As far as I know, there aren’t any laws against striking up conversations with strangers.

If the person isn’t receptive and is clearly demonstrating negative, “leave me alone” body language, you must comply.
username5130918
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
It's 10pm at night on a tube. She's a woman by herself. It's London (most likely). Unless you are a girl, I don't think you'd understand
Acton Town to be precise.
DaniyalKhan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by 3.142pewdiepie)
Acton Town to be precise.
Yep, you're a creep.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
(Original post by sinfonietta)
It is intimidating for a woman to be approached by a man when it's late/dark out. Her guard will be up.
I just said that by paying attention to her body language and whether she’s receptive or not, you can judge whether she’d rather you leave her alone.

Making a passing comment on the weather is as harmless as you can get. If OP, or any other guy, simply carries on with his life after being “rejected”, there’s no harm whatsoever.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just said that by paying attention to her body language and whether she’s receptive or not, you can judge whether she’d rather you leave her alone.

Making a passing comment on the weather is as harmless as you can get. If OP, or any other guy, simply carries on with his life after being “rejected”, there’s no harm whatsoever.
Could still maker her uncomfortable. Nothing indicated in the initial q suggested she was interested in engaging in any conversation. Plus if he tried a conversation and then got off at the same stop as her, gonna be uncomfortable for her
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You’re just assuming OP is a perv...

Could just be your regular Joe. As far as I know, there aren’t any laws against striking up conversations with strangers.

If the person isn’t receptive and is clearly demonstrating negative, “leave me alone” body language, you must comply.
No!! I’m just saying that it could potentially cause someone to feel uncomfortable especially at night.Sorry if you think I’m calling him that.

The person(not the OP) wasn’t just striking a convo btw.
DaniyalKhan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If OP, or any other guy, simply carries on with his life after being “rejected”, there’s no harm whatsoever.
Two people have told you about how the girl will feel intimidated and your response was "Yeah, but the guy tho."
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ساره)
No!! I’m just saying that it could potentially cause someone to feel uncomfortable especially at night.Sorry if you think I’m calling him that.

The person(not the OP) wasn’t just striking a convo btw.
If the guy in the video was harassing the woman the of course something should be done about it.
DaniyalKhan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Anyway, you two weirdos are something else. Don't you have the entire sunny day to ask a girl out? You want to ask a girl out? Fine, do it. I do it sometimes as well, no big deal. What is a big deal is if you don't realise that there is a time and place for everything and public transport at night is not the time.

Library, cafeteria- you know? Normal places?
Last edited by DaniyalKhan; 10 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (7)
35%
No - I have already returned home (2)
10%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
30%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
20%

Watched Threads