Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve been made an offer for comp sci at Loughborough, but I’ve heard that the gender ratio between girls and boys is quite different, especially more for my course? What is the ratio between girls and boys for the computer science course?
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been made an offer for comp sci at Loughborough, but I’ve heard that the gender ratio between girls and boys is quite different, especially more for my course? What is the ratio between girls and boys for the computer science course?
Hiya,

Loughborough is know for having a larger male student population than female due to its background in engineering etc. However, this is beginning to even out with each intake overall, despite some courses having an imbalance still. I do not know the specific ratio for Computer Science so hopefully a student will pick this up, but if you can come along to an offer holder day do so as you will be able to chat to current students.

Check out this piece on our women in engineering site from one of our female engineers about similar concerns for her course. I know engineering and Comp Sci are different subjects, but hopefully this reassures you regarding the 'ratio'.

Any further questions PM us.
Best Wishes,
Emily
OKU1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, Congrats on your offer! I’m hoping to soon receive one myself!I’m assuming you’re a female worried about the course having a larger male ratio? I’m a girl so if that’s the case your not alone! If you’re a boy, don’t worry as I’m sure me and the other girls will mix in with everyone! (That’s if I’m made an offer...fingers crossed) Olivia 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
    Sat, 27 Jun '20
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (241)
66.21%
No (123)
33.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed